United States
Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Those are now working. :)

Skimming over the proposed FDA deeming regulations, it was readily apparent to me that the FDA doesn't have a clue with what they are dealing with. How they can propose that all devices manufactured after 2007 require individual applications & approvals and reasonably expect to be able to handle all of the massive data that will come their way within a reasonable time is beyond reason. They are without a doubt ignorant and uneducated about the industry and unaware of the impact that they will have on the industry with their ill-prepared regulations.

Who better to educate them than CASAA? The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives Association.
To EVERYONE who is reading this post, PLEASE join CASAA if you are not already a member. They will be our advocate and representative in this debacle with the FDA. CASAA's strength is in their membership numbers of vapers whom they represent -- you and me. It's extremely important that you be a member. They are volunteers who are in the front line of this political battle. Our voice of reason and fact.

The link to join is in the link below in my signature. It will take approximately 30 seconds.

Last edited:

Nermal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Farmington, NM USA
How they can propose that all devices manufactured after 2007 require individual applications & approvals and reasonably expect to be able to handle all of the massive data that will come their way within a reasonable time is beyond reason.

I'm not at all sure they see that as a problem. Either the approvals are not made, or the agency expands beyond all belief. Win - win, from the FDA perspective.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Those are now working. :)

Skimming over the proposed FDA deeming regulations, it was readily apparent to me that the FDA doesn't have a clue with what they are dealing with. How they can propose that all devices manufactured after 2007 require individual applications & approvals and reasonably expect to be able to handle all of the massive data that will come their way within a reasonable time is beyond reason. They are without a doubt ignorant and uneducated about the industry and unaware of the impact that they will have on the industry with their ill-prepared regulations.

Who could be better to educate them than CASAA? To EVERYONE who is reading this post, PLEASE join CASAA if you are not already a member. They will be our advocate and representative in this debacle with the FDA. CASAA's strength is in their membership numbers of vapers whom they represent. It's extremely important that you be a member. They are volunteers who are in the front line of this political battle.

The link to join for free is in the link in my signature below.

Bad, IMO they 'get it'. They're not dumb by a long shot. They just don't care about all the small shops and great new technology that will help more smokers quit. This isn't about what's best for the industry or best for smokers. It's all about the best way to keep the status quo with regard to tax money coming in and BP running smoothly.

I don't like being negative. I think you know that's not my style. I just think these guys are quite smart and they know exactly what their goals are politically, economically and socially.

+100 on CASAA. IMO we all need to be backing them to the best of our ability :thumb:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
when i heard the FDA is talking about making all vape gear after 2007 require an application and approval to stay on the market.
i asked my self, "why 2007".
and this graph basically shows that e-cigs were unheard of in 2007.

Google Trends

also this one
Google Trends

:facepalm:

It's a little more complicated than that happydave, but I'm sure the FDA is quite happy that the 2007 date is kinda carved in stone.

If you haven't already and have a bit of time, listen to this discussion: Deeming Regulations - Simplified

Guests were:
Greg Conley – research fellow for The Heartland Institute and President of The American Vaping Association
David Dorn – Vaping advocate and host of Vapourtrails TV
Bill Godshall – founder of Smoke Free Pennsylvania and vaping advocate
Oliver Kershaw – Owner of ECF (e-cigarette forum)
Jeff Stier – Senior fellow and head of the Risk Analysis Division
at the National Center for Public Policy Research in Washington, D.C.

Good stuff and it really puts things into perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread