This is a great forum!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylecoberly

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2010
Castle Rock, CO
www.facesofradio.com
I'm new to this stuff, and my wife got me an Envy Bliss from a local (Castle Rock, CO) smoke shop for our anniversary. I've been a pack-a-day smoker for 8 years, and I'm really looking forward to something new. I'm not particularly interested in quitting smoking, but I have to get off tobacco since I'm starting to feel the health effects of it and my wife and I want to start a family soon.

I wasn't able to get off of tobacco with the Bliss, but it felt *so close!*. After researching on this forum, I ordered a DSE901 today from VaporKings. I originally wanted to get a Joye302, but I couldn't find a kit from North America. The "starter ecig" thread said that the DSE901 was comparable.

I'm glad that it seems to be agreed on that those carts are not "about a pack." I was worried that I had just shot my nicotine dependency through the roof when I was going through like 4 a day. I ordered a 30mL bottle of "red and white" (high nicotine). I'm hoping that the liquid will make it a little more cost-comparable to analogs, and might also make my Envy Bliss still useful as a backup.

Anyway, this looks like a really cool community. I look forward to be a "helper" soon instead of a "leecher."

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
[...] I am told it is the greatest forum of e cigarette. [...]

Welcome chris!

The mods work very hard to make it such a great forum, and keep it a friendly place where new vapers can get info and advice without a sales pitch. Nobody that makes money from e-cigs is allowed to post in the New Members section at all. This forum is for vapers, not e-cig salesmen. So relax, have fun, and read, read, read! There is enough info here to make your head hurt, so it may seem overwhelming at first. The best way to get your bearings is to read all of those "sticky" posts, the FAQ, and the forum rules. You won't learn everything in one day, so take your time.

Last edited:

scbackpacker

Jul 4, 2010
Easley SC
Welcome, I started reading about e-cigs on this forum about a week ago after a co-worker purchased an Envy. I placed my order yesterday for an Ego and now I can't wait for it to arrive. I have never been to a forum where the people are as helpful as the members here. Keep reading on this forum and post questions. You will get an answer that will help you make the best decisions about e-cigs.

The Fool

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2010
St. Louis
Welcome Chris,

My first kit was also a 901 from Vapor Kings!! That was 7 months ago, I can hardly believe it. I have stayed with the 901 because it works for me, but you may find it harder to find parts in stock since the 510 is more common. Also, after trying several tobacco flavors, I find I like the 555 best. Again, Welcome...post often :)

cerver7

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2010
Shamong NJ
I'm new to this stuff, and my wife got me an Envy Bliss from a local (Castle Rock, CO) smoke shop for our anniversary. I've been a pack-a-day smoker for 8 years, and I'm really looking forward to something new. I'm not particularly interested in quitting smoking, but I have to get off tobacco since I'm starting to feel the health effects of it and my wife and I want to start a family soon.

I wasn't able to get off of tobacco with the Bliss, but it felt *so close!*. After researching on this forum, I ordered a DSE901 today from VaporKings. I originally wanted to get a Joye302, but I couldn't find a kit from North America. The "starter ecig" thread said that the DSE901 was comparable.

I'm glad that it seems to be agreed on that those carts are not "about a pack." I was worried that I had just shot my nicotine dependency through the roof when I was going through like 4 a day. I ordered a 30mL bottle of "red and white" (high nicotine). I'm hoping that the liquid will make it a little more cost-comparable to analogs, and might also make my Envy Bliss still useful as a backup.

Anyway, this looks like a really cool community. I look forward to be a "helper" soon instead of a "leecher."

welcome :)

this is probably the best forum i have ever been a part of. everyone here is great and the information gained from being a member here can help you to educate yourself as well as others. Share the brain wealth :):)

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
It's a setting in your Preferences. Look at the second, darker blue, horizontal navigation bar above. On the left will be "User CP". That's a link to your Control Panel. When you get to your CP, look at the vertical Navigation Bar on the left. Under the heading "Settings and Options", click the "Edit Options" link. It's in there.

EDIT: I tried to send a copy of these instructions via Private Message, since your email notification is turned off, but you have PMs turned off as well. What's up wit dat? How are you going to turn into a forum junkie without email notifications of replies and PMs? :D

Last edited:

carkosh

Jul 30, 2010
Texas
Hi All, Got my e-cigs 2 years ago & because there was not a great forum like this (or maybe I just couldn't find it) I never got the hang of it & kept on smoking instead of vaping. This site was recommended by a poster on a cruise forum & I came over & read all the newbie instructions. Now I see what I was doing wrong & last night...voila!...got it to work. Haven't quite weaned myself off the real yucky ones yet but I'm determined that by Monday I will be!

Carol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread