• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

This place has been too quiet for too long!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooper99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
montreal qc canada
Hey cooper, can you still say the same thing with the week-end we just had? :)

Starting tuesday, we'll be returning to normal temps!!

Exactly the kind of weather I DETEST!!! Brutal cold, the kind of cold where even the dog doesn't want to go out. Hope that [edited] is over.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Zurd

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Canada
I hate the cold,used to like it when I was much younger,not anymore.No problems with my gear in the cold as I'm not out in it long enough to worry about.This year hasn't been to bad on the southern shore of Lake Ontario,this coming Sunday is supposed to be 9 and partly sunny.It's almost time to get the tomato plants started for this years veggie garden.WOOOO HOOOO....come on Spring !!!

cooper99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
montreal qc canada
While we're on the the subject of the weather, it's looking good for the next bit here in Montreal. Above freezing temps for the upcoming week. It can only mean one thing....spring is in the air and so is the great annual dog-poop thaw. Beware, it's a minefield out there. :danger:

Last edited:

TheDaughterOfTyr

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
BC, Canada
What is this "winter" you easterners talk of? I think it froze one night in December.

<sorry - the ubiquitous jab at the rest of Canada from the soggy left coast>

Vancouver Island here and I was about to say the same thing.
Also Hey Canadian friends, I've always been more of a lurker around here but I figured I'd pop in for the sake of seeing the Canada section gets a bit of love.

Reactions: Ryedan

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I wonder how many of the 2012 crew is still around? This place was hoppin back then. There have been many changes at ECF over the past few years but I reckon we might get away with turning the volume up a little bit. Lets see, what sort of relevant subject might escape summary deletion? Ah, I know.

Who has had trouble with their vaping gear this winter due to cold? My new devices have been holding up pretty good but I gotta say I really like my woody. Mod that is. ;) It doesn't freeze my hand solid like a metal mod can. No probs with the electronics for the most part, but a couple of my brews went as thick as margerine in -30. That's why I decided to try TC and boy am I glad I did.

One more here. Going to be my 4 year vapeversary soon :)

I don't have any issues vaping down to around freezing. The last few years I don't take my vape out with me if it's really cold but when I used to I didn't have any issues if I kept it in an inside coat pocket when not being used and that was with a Genisis atty using 60-70% VG with about 5% water to thin it a bit.

-30 might take some experimenting to conquer. Atty type will probably be important too. A RDA could be better than a tank and it would be easier to keep a 10ml dripper bottle warm than the whole mod. Once you get the coils and wick heated up I would expect all you need to do is get juice on them and you'll be fine. Li ion batteries also loose a lot of power at -30. I would try not to let them get under around -10 or so.

Zurd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Montréal
Happy happy vapersary!!! Or vapeniversary, sounds better IMO :)

I just realized mine was on march 9th, the 6th year! The best part of it is that the last time I bought something ecig-related was last year in 2015, I'm finally at a point where ecigs pretty much doesn't cost me anything :thumbs:

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Happy happy vapersary!!! Or vapeniversary, sounds better IMO :)

I just realized mine was on march 9th, the 6th year! The best part of it is that the last time I bought something ecig-related was last year in 2015, I'm finally at a point where ecigs pretty much doesn't cost me anything :thumbs:
Costs are minimal here too. Was running an Atlantis tank and an Arctic on my IPV2 mini for quite a while, but last year when the IPV gave up I dropped a few bucks on an istick 40, an IPVD2 and some ni200 coils for both my tanks.
Good to go for another year or so.
The last ni200 coil I dropped into my Atlantis was Dec. 2nd.
Excellent run time on the coils if shown a little love once in a while.
Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread