• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

This place has been too quiet for too long!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueNorthist

I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cariboo Country, BC
I wonder how many of the 2012 crew is still around? This place was hoppin back then. There have been many changes at ECF over the past few years but I reckon we might get away with turning the volume up a little bit. Lets see, what sort of relevant subject might escape summary deletion? Ah, I know.

Who has had trouble with their vaping gear this winter due to cold? My new devices have been holding up pretty good but I gotta say I really like my woody. mod that is. ;) It doesn't freeze my hand solid like a metal mod can. No probs with the electronics for the most part, but a couple of my brews went as thick as margerine in -30. That's why I decided to try TC and boy am I glad I did.

Reactions: sorrynomore

milandjikic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
Cold was killing me. As i've recently moved from Croatia to Canada, i didn't think about cold at all until it got me with my both feets up.
Being a genny fan, it's been a quite struggle.
Out of numerous devices i've tried, even bought a new Reo, hoping that squonking will solve my problems, the only one that turned out to work good at cold weather was a Taifun GT. Put a mesh wick inside and only 2 small pads of cotton to lay down on wicking holes and touch the mesh. Wicking is a constant, no dry hits, no leaks.
Now i have to figure out what to do with my reo. I was using mechs for almost 3 years, but lately somehow got spoiled with regulated devices so i don't thin i'll be using him any more. Kinda sad, since the mod it self is a rock solid device...

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
It's actually been fairly mild in Sask here as far as winters go. Meaning it's only been -40 for a couple weeks total instead of always lol. It doesn't bother me at all though, I can generally be found wearing shorts year round. As far as tanks go, if they're out in the cold for a long time some juice will get down into the base of my nautilus's. My subtank mini and isub g don't seem to care what temp it is which is great. So overall I haven't had any issues more severe than swabbing out the base next time you fill up.

TrueNorthist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cariboo Country, BC
You guys know the drill. I can still clearly remember April blizzards in Fort William: one day it's sunny and warm with the flowers all blooming, then wake up the next day it's -20 with 5 feet of drifting snow. I also remember the flies.... Just enjoy not having to scrape glaciers of your car windows while it lasts! Looks like things are about to cool off out east.

Weather 45.38°N 76.39°W

I've been up north of 60 three times this winter and the funny thing is I love it. I agree with retired1, I hate the damp, rainy pea-soup. Gimme -30 and dry sunny weather any day.

cooper99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
montreal qc canada
The weather? I like mild, kinda snowless winters. We've had just one semi-big storm and I'm really okay with that. Temps have been enjoyable for Jan-Feb so far. Actually this past week it's been more like April which I'm okay with too. It's the extremes I could pass on, -35° where you've gotta get dressed for the Arctic just to bring the garbage to the curb. No thanks, a big fan of mildness here. Never been into the bone-numbing, chilling part of our climate. The bears got it right...HIBERNATION!!!

Last edited:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I agree with retired1, I hate the damp, rainy pea-soup. Gimme -30 and dry sunny weather any day.

You are misinformed. If it's going to do anything, stay warm. In fact, get hot! I hate cold. Especially as I tend to ache from October to May. However, as it IS winter, it needs to just get the cold over with and stay there. All this bouncing around is playing hell with my sinuses.

TrueNorthist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Cariboo Country, BC
You are misinformed. If it's going to do anything, stay warm. In fact, get hot! I hate cold. Especially as I tend to ache from October to May. However, as it IS winter, it needs to just get the cold over with and stay there. All this bouncing around is playing hell with my sinuses.
To each his/her/it's own I guess, but infirmities always rule. I should be finding the cold a literal pain in the rear, but for some reason the cold has been and still is something I seem to tolerate well. I definitely dislike living above 25˚C, unless I have continuous access to El Mar Caribe and uno mas cervesa x ∞.

Last edited:

cooper99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
montreal qc canada
You must be talkin about the Chicago Bears, eh? They seem to be hibernating all year round now. Remember "The Fridge"?

Oh yeah, THE FRIDGE. Big guy indeed. Ditka, Walter Payton, Jim McMahon, Butkas. Not a big fan of Jay Cuttler now. Looking forward to this weekend though. I like Peyton, can't stand Newton but you gotta gives him his dues. He can be very, very good. Just too much hot-dogging for me. When it's going good he's all smiles, when it's going not so good he's hiding under his towel. But he can win a game all by himself, well almost. They do have a good team. YMMV.:)

cooper99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
montreal qc canada
But back on topic... My gear is doing fine in the cold, kinda cold, really mild weather. Never had a problem being outside with any device, it's usually in a pocket and comes out only occasionally to take a hit. As far as the original crew disappearing I've been around for about two years and yeah, I kinda remember this section being more active but I'll do my part and post when something interesting comes up... like the weather?:thumbs:

cooper99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
montreal qc canada
Back to the weather... Returning to normal temps here in Montreal, can't complain really, we've had it pretty easy so far. Usually for me getting through February means that the worst is behind us. There might be and usually are some surprises but the light at the end of that tunnel keeps getting brighter and brighter.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread