This poll is for former smokers who quit with the help of e-cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
For vapers who’ve quit smoking: Was your attempt using e-cigarette products effective for smoking cessation?
HI ECF and @bigdancehawk,

YES!! After smoking cigarettes for over 40 years I had tried all of the cessation products and still went back to smoking. Once I moved to vaping I've been cigarette free for almost four years, 12/14/17 will be my four year anniversary being cigarette free.

Though you know my health insurance company says vaping is still smoking since I inhale and exhale and the product has nicotine. The industry needs to produce results that will change their attitude. All in all it's OK I know it's better for me than cigarettes were and I have been slowly lowering the level of nicotine.
Vape ON! :)

PugLady

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2012
Arnold Maryland
For vapers who’ve quit smoking: Was your attempt using e-cigarette products effective for smoking cessation?
Absolutely effective. My mom a lifetime non-smoker got dbl lung cancer from 2nd hand smoke. She used to meet her boyfriend at a local bar/disco 2-3 nights a week for about 10 yrs in her 40s and ut was very smoky in there. All smokers in the family were told to quit by her dr as lung cancer susceptibility runs in our family. All 4 of my grandparents and 3 great grandparents died from lung or a combo of lung & liver cancer. I quit my occasional social drinking totally and started vaping a lil 808 from v4l lol. It worked tho. I an on zero nic and hope to be done with ut totally by next yr.

Reactions: DPLongo22

Shadowtao

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2010
Over There
I've been vaping for 6 years, was a smoker for 40+ years. Just had a chest x-ray and my lungs are clear. Sure it's most,y pure luck tgat those 40 smoking years didn't kill me, but I know vaping has helped in several ways.
My taste has improved, and my teeth are strong. Smokers overlook how all that crap in tobacco rots their teeth. I lost several totally because of smoking. It felt good when my dentist told me she sees nice healthy pink gums now.
I'm sure I'll continue to vape, I simply enjoy it.

Jurseygal

Mar 16, 2018
yes, yes and hell yes!! I started smoking at the agend of 14 and finally quit almost 40 years later by vaping. I have not had a cigarette since June 2016!!

rfit

Verified Member
Oct 22, 2014
Vic Australia
yes it is a very good way to quit smoking
i smoked heavily for 35 years,
i tried most other quit methods for about 30 years
tried vaping and after about 6 weeks no more cigs
until a relapse back to the smokes,but back on the vaping again with not too many problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread