• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

This year's MI Vaper's BBQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
Greetings fellow Michigan Vapers.
I am planning on a repeat of last year's BBQ at my place but this year's a bit different. My son is getting married this summer so a lot of time and resources are going towards that event. We also have a big vacation planned so that is also a factor. We have decided that the only way we can do this is by doing it on Sunday, May 27th (Memorial weekend). I know a lot of people have plans that weekend and I would rather do it at a different time but I can't.
I plan on having the same things to attract you fine people as last year (smoked BBQ and craft brewed beer) except that this year I asked my son in law to brew us THREE different beers instead of two.
Please say you'll come folks. I can't drink 30 gallons of beer by myself as much as I'd like to.

tippyclubb

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2011
Michigan
This is the post I have been waiting for, just not sure about that date. Every Memorial weekend our friends have a big BBQ party and I can't remember if its Saturday or Sunday. I'll keep you posted when I find out and I'm praying they do it Saturday.

30 gallons of beer, thats all? Tee-he-he-he. Oh I'm excited, good eats, good vaping, good beer with great people. It doesn't get better than that.

Last edited:

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I'll mark the date on our calendar! Just to help out I'll try to swill a little of that finely crafted brew too! We'll bring whatever seems lacking as this potluck moves forward. Normally at a soccer tournament but as luck(?) would have it our son's recovering from an injury and not playing that day for the first time in 10 years! Hope Tippy can make it - she'll keep things rolling for sure! Is Euchre allowed at the compound? Thanks for putting this great vapemeet on!

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
Tippy, really hope you guys can make it. I know the date is going to conflict with a lot of peoples plans. Most folks have a regular thing going on that weekend and that's gonna screw things up a bit but this is truly the only way we could do it. The wedding is really putting a crunch on things time wise and money wise as well. Our trip to Mexico is another factor that makes this year different. Really hope you can work it out though.

440BB, My wife and I both play euchre as do my kids and just about everybody else I know so partners should not be hard to find around here. :)

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
Just north of Flint.
I have very good friends who live between Michigan Center and Grass Lake; you're not at all far from there. I was just down there for Easter. :)

Your friends live very close to my favorite winery, Sand Hill Crane Vineyards.
Hey now, THAT would be a GREAT place for a meet! It's right off I-94 too.

tippyclubb

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2011
Michigan
Your friends live very close to my favorite winery, Sand Hill Crane Vineyards.
Hey now, THAT would be a GREAT place for a meet! It's right off I-94 too.

Oh yes we have to meet there one day. Wine is my favorite cocktail.

Great news mist, we will be able to attend your BBQ and looking forward to it. So far it doens't look like many will be coming. We'll have to work on this. I think I read your going to the Lansing meet May 12th and you can spread the word there.

Have you contacted Cheryl, her son and PuterGeek? I can contact Michele and Kyle on FB and let them know. They were at the Moriaty meet.

We will bring the potato salad, and if you want Tom will make his fabulous Jack Daniels BBQ sauce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread