Status
Not open for further replies.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
I remember the text adventure games! Although I've always preferred computer RPG (even with those wire-frame "graphics" of Wizardry I).

This thread has wandered (in various directions) off-topic so much that I hope on-topic volunteer-for-Editor posts like yours, crashinbrn, don't get lost in it.

JerryRM

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Rhode Island
I remember the text adventure games! Although I've always preferred computer RPG (even with those wire-frame "graphics" of Wizardry I).

This thread has wandered (in various directions) off-topic so much that I hope on-topic volunteer-for-Editor posts like yours, crashinbrn, don't get lost in it.

I doubt it, Don. I'm sure that Roly is making a list and checking it twice. :D

crashinbrn

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
south-east Texas
CRASHINBRN.NET

i will admit it i enjoyed reminiscing through all the posts. i remember seeing the punch cards but i was too young then. my first hands on computer was the coleco 'ADAM' (tape drive) and they went out of business a month after my dad bought it. and then the commodore 64 after that. it was fun learning how to use them.

Kobudo

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2010
Evansville, IN
Look here

Off in the corner, covered in dust, you see the thread topic.

:p

Pick up thread topic

I'm sorry, I don't understand.

Take thread topic

Use thread topic

Screw this

Maybe habla usted Español?

That's always been the problem with our relationship

...annnd quit, go back to Pac-Man, Joust, Q-Bert, etc... :D

JerryRM

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Rhode Island
Look at thread topic.

It's a thread topic.

Move thread topic.

You cannot move the thread topic.

Touch thread topic.

It's a thread topic.

Then why the :censored: is it there?

Pull thread topic.

You cannot pull the thread topic.

Push thread topic.

The thread topic slowly moves, revealing a statue of Rolygate.
:D

Last edited:

JerryRM

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Rhode Island
That's why I preferred the RPG's: you killed the monsters or they killed you. And you kept getting stronger, finding better weapons, and learning neat spells.

I had one for my TI 99/4A, it was a simple game, but I enjoyed it a lot. That "ECF Forum MVP" title, is that new Don?

JerryRM

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Rhode Island
Do PG and VG count as performance enhancing substances?:D And then there is the nicotine and caffeine and the occasional bourbon. Uh oh! I guess I'm like all the rest.:(

Thanks guys!

I think they are perfomance enhancing substances, Don, they enhance your writing skills. It's time for a Congressional investigation!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread