The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Thoughts On Ebay

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by simplynewt, Aug 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. simplynewt

simplynewt Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2014
    Titus, Alabama
    Hello ECF. I am relatively new to the Vaping World and have recently took up the habit of upgrading my Starter Kit and have been bitten by the Vaping Bug as I have already spent quite a bit of money locally on tanks and juices. I found it cheaper to get some things on line and I was wondering what the thinking was on buying items off of ebay.

I just received a Vamo V5 from there and I got a Aerotank with an adjustable Air Flow in it from another seller. I have not been able to crank up the Vamo yet as the Batteries will not be here until Monday but am anxious to see if this Vamo works OK. I have been burnt on ebay buying cell phones and would hate to have to go through the process of trying to get my money back for this Vamo if it doesn't work.

Any thoughts, suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

2. Recycled Roadkill

Recycled Roadkill Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 13, 2013
    Garland, TX
    Most likely your Vamo 5 will work fine when you receive it and continue to work for many months to come. Ebay purchases are usually not a problem. Consider FastTech for future purchases, not so fast but usually less expensive.

3. Clark F

Clark F Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 18, 2014
    Tempe, AZ
    I've bought vape stuff from ebay without issue, but probably depends on the seller. Did they have a return policy for DOA devices?

4. minitater

minitater Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2012
    tennessee
    Never had any issues from Ebay purchases. But I do check feedback scores and as a prior poster suggested look at return policies.

5. nwohiopma

nwohiopma Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 5, 2014
    NW Ohio
    The only time I got anything vape related from Ebay that wasn't right, was a wrap for my new Spinner II. The wrap was engineered for the fake Spinner. The fake is shorter, so the window on the wrap doesn't reveal the "Spinner II" on the end of the battery.

Other than that, I got some fantastic deals on Ebay. I got my Vamo5 starter kit for under $35 a while back.

6. simplynewt

Aug 9, 2014
    Titus, Alabama
    Yea, if my Vamo doesn't work, I will be returning it and giving the seller every opportunity to correct the issue. I will say that they are pretty good in that matter because not only will they have to deal with ebay if the buyer is disgruntal but they also have to contend with PayPal which I use when I make my purchases on there. And yes before I make a purchase, I review all the seller feedback messages, especially the negative ones.

I was going to get the Vamo from Fast Tech but had read more negative remarks in the comments section of the Vamo V5 then what was on ebay. That and the fact that I got it a couple dollars cheaper on ebay and got it in 3 days was a significant plus. I did order 4 bottles of juice from FT but themn was told by a local that I should refrain from buying juices from FT because they have to go through Customs and you may or may not get your order. I did not know it was in Japan and had to go through Singapore to get shipped to the US. Has anyone had any bad experiences buying from Fast Tech?

7. nwohiopma

nwohiopma Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 5, 2014
    NW Ohio
    I've placed 3 orders from Fasttech. The first order had USPS handling, the second and third orders were just plain air mail. I received the USPS package in 12 days. The second order took a month, the third took 6 weeks. My advice to you about Fasttech is to pay the extra for the USPS upgrade, and do not buy batteries - they will get stuck in Customs and you probably won't get them.

8. clayU

clayU Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2014
    Missouri
    ebay has its ups and downs a lot of china sellers these days witch takes a month to ship . some sellers list stuff as a clone and some don't you just have to look at what you are buying . I found it stupid yesterday when I was looking at a kamry k100 clone listed as a clone. some idiot ran the price up to $28 . you can get the original k100 on ebay for $26 .

9. simplynewt

Aug 9, 2014
    Titus, Alabama
    I am having a hard time understanding how a company can take your money for an item and have an understanding that you might or might not get the item you ordered. Is it really worth saving a dollar or two buying from FT when you have to use the dollar or two you saved to upgrade your shipping options and know that you might not get the item in the first place? Is Customer Service for FT dependable? I use PP when making purchases online and I wonder if being in another country, they are immune to PP and their efforts to try and get the buyers money back should they be disappointed in their purchase.

10. Scy123

Scy123 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2014
    Canada
    One thing you have to keep in mind with eBay is that ecigs are prohibited. Anything you buy from eBay that is ecig related is not covered under any eBay or PayPal policy. I was sent a fake once and PayPal refused to step in and I was stuck.

eBay is great for other stuff, but I would never again buy ecig related products from eBay or pay for them via PayPal unless I really had to.

11. simplynewt

Aug 9, 2014
    Titus, Alabama
    Good to know. Thanks for informming me of this.

12. DetraMental

DetraMental Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2013
    United States
    I've had some pretty good luck using Ebay except with one purchase that didn't send me what was advertised. It showed and listed an Aspire Nautilus but sent me the BDC replacement coils. I'm not happy with this vendor and will be letting him/her know if this is not sent in their estimated delivery time. Other than that all has been well.

13. simplynewt

Aug 9, 2014
    Titus, Alabama
    I have been having good luck with ebay so far with the exception of purchasing phones from there. I have had no luck with that. I am hoping all is well when I fire up my new Vamo but am going to look at the Approved Vendors ECF has listed on a thread somewhere around here.

Its just a long drawn out process to try and get your money back if you get burnt on ebay.

14. GinnyTx

GinnyTx Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 2, 2014
    Pearland, TX
    I've had great luck on ebay, with some parameters, only buy from one's with really good ratings and have sold quite a bit of stuff, when looking I do a "US only" then lowest price plus shipping and then sort through those (and it's been darn near close to Fasttech's prices and you don't have to wait six weeks) I have had one spinner that quit on me and have to send it back and get a replacement one (look for "authentic" they've got a warranty on most) fast_same_day_shipping is a favorite of mine, that stuff is low and gets here in usually two days from when I order it (depending on weekends etc)

it's too easy, I think I'll have to have Ed change my password to PayPal and not tell me what it is though *lol*

take care !!

15. Thunderball

Thunderball Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2013
    Grayson, Georgia
    over 2600 transactions on Ebay with no problems.......

Be educated before you buy.

16. simplynewt

Aug 9, 2014
    Titus, Alabama
    Thanks for the input. I am usually careful but wanted to get some input from people who have been there and done that and you all have certainly not let me down. Thanks for the good sound advice.

17. cbrite

cbrite Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 29, 2014
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    I have bought tons of vaping stuff on ebay and never had an issue with anything. I always check the ratings for positives. I also have ordered from FastTech, but only things I don't need in a hurry. Often you only have to pay a couple of bucks more on ebay for the same thing and generally shipping is free, so while you can save from FastTech if you are willing to wait, sometimes it doesn't make sense for just a couple of bucks.

18. KJSDAD24

KJSDAD24 Full Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Nashville, Tn, USA
  19. Pinggolfer

Pinggolfer Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have used Ebay for lots of ecig items and the prices and service is hard to beat. I have all my favorite vendors saved and all of them have over a 99% positive feedback rating.

20. zahzoo

zahzoo Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 12, 2013
    AR, USA
    99% of the shipping issues with Fasttech is due to the Air-freight shippers in Hong Kong or Malaysia or Singapore depending on which shipping option YOU choose. Customs in China and your destination country have issues regularly also. This is not unique to FT... affects business with any Chinese outfit.

I've spent over $400 with FT over the last year and half. By my estimates compared to local retail B&M's I've saved approximately $800-1000. FT had better price differentials a year ago and for some gear the gap between their price and retail has closed significantly as local B&M's have gotten much more competitive and little less greedy. FT customer service while slow as heck... has always resolved any issues I've had.

Ebay has really taken off with e-cig gear even though they prohibit it and are really inconsistent in enforcing their own TOS. As with any purchases there review the sellers rating and recent negative feedback. Read the descriptions with great scrutiny and ask the seller questions if you aren't sure about anything before you make the purchase. Determine if the seller is in or out of country... Pay attention to shipping costs before you hit go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.