ebay is with BT

Status
Not open for further replies.

wshanncap

Verified Member
Oct 28, 2014
Ohio, USA
I have had problems with ebay. They have targeted my account in the past. Today (2/14/2015) they deleted an item (a Nemesis Clone) because they said it was a "tobacco product" and violated their selling terms. I filed a complaint with the BBB. So if you want cheap deals on vape stuff you should be buying them up now. There are tons of other sellers with products like I was selling so I added to the complaint that it was a case of discrimination. I called ebay first since that was the only way they would let me contact them. I spoke to a woman with poor broken English who explained to me that ebay's new policy is that ecigs and related products are considered tobacco products and are a violation of the selling terms. That's when I contacted the BBB. Just thought I would throw this out there so you all could see what is happening to our rights.

Chromag9

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2013
United States
Rights? You have no rights when selling on eBay other than whatever their terms or conditions are. They also have the right to say that you can't sell certain things on their site. Those bans cover tons of other stuff as well. You do have the right to sell your ecig related items somewhere else other than eBay where they don't specifically ban it.

But good luck with your complaint.

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
They've been enforcing that policy randomly for the last few years. Their defense will just be that they have an explicit TOS available for all users to read. In it, you'll see that e-cigs and components are listed as not allowed. Tobacco policy

I think what frustrates more people is the policy seems to be enforced completely randomly (some say only when specific items are reported to Ebay)

Good luck with your complaint, but I doubt it will go anywhere.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
The Better Business Bureau is a voluntary organization that business choose to belong to to trick suckers into thinking that they do good business. They aren't a regulatory body of any sort. They can do nothing for you in regards to Ebay.

The BBB and the COC are the offspring of incest.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
Change the wording, and re-list it. If ebay removes it again, change the wording and re-list it.
If ebay removes it again, change the wording and re-list it.

Eventually either they will let the item stand, or throw you off of ebay. Either way, you'll know.

And if they didn't refund you the "listing cost" (whatever they call it) save your records, they might come in handy when the class-action fraud suit gets filed.

Wilazn

Verified Member
Feb 13, 2015
New York, NY
Rights? You have no rights when selling on eBay other than whatever their terms or conditions are. They also have the right to say that you can't sell certain things on their site. Those bans cover tons of other stuff as well. You do have the right to sell your ecig related items somewhere else other than eBay where they don't specifically ban it.

But good luck with your complaint.

+1

LOL i laughed too when i read the "violating my rights" part. The post reminded me of this video:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread