Ohio
Serendipity
Razzberry
Menthol Ice
Legend
Dragon's Fire
Crackberry
Caramel Cappuccino

I tried all of my order Friday when I got it. I used an atomizer to drip. There was little flavor to speak of in any of them. They weren't bad, just little taste. Also the atomizer I used was crap. So caps off and put away. Picked up a couple new JoyTech atomizers from one of the vape stores near me yesterday.
Today I've tried Legend, Dragon's Fire and Serendipity in order.

Legend I could vape now. Not sure what flavor I'm tasting yet. But I can tell it's going to get better.

Dragon's Fire still doesn't really have any taste. It's back on hold for now.

Serendipity has improved the most and could vape now. I'm tasting roasted coffee with a hint of cocoa.

Menthol Ice I vaped yesterday. It reminds me of tooth paste. That doesn't mean it's bad just hope it changes.

I'll post thoughts on the rest later. For now the caps are off for one more day. I'll drip test them every few days to see how they taste. As of now Legend and Serendipity are on my yes to reorder list.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand

I tried all of my order Friday when I got it. I used an atomizer to drip. There was little flavor to speak of in any of them. They weren't bad, just little taste. Also the atomizer I used was crap. So caps off and put away. Picked up a couple new JoyTech atomizers from one of the vape stores near me yesterday.
Today I've tried Legend, Dragon's Fire and Serendipity in order.

Legend I could vape now. Not sure what flavor I'm tasting yet. But I can tell it's going to get better.

Dragon's Fire still doesn't really have any taste. It's back on hold for now.

Serendipity has improved the most and could vape now. I'm tasting roasted coffee with a hint of cocoa.

Menthol Ice I vaped yesterday. It reminds me of tooth paste. That doesn't mean it's bad just hope it changes.

I'll post thoughts on the rest later. For now the caps are off for one more day. I'll drip test them every few days to see how they taste. As of now Legend and Serendipity are on my yes to reorder list.

First off, let me reassure you that you are not the only one who thinks HHV juices are light on flavor. I'm one of them, too - especially in the some of the fruit category. (IMO) To compensate for that, because I really like what flavor I do get, is to ask for a boost of flavor at the time you order them. Just ask politely for it in the comment box.

Secondly, we realize how anxious people can be about getting into their juices and expecting them to taste a certain way right off the bat. I believe that it's common human nature to try to compare new things with what we've experienced in the past. I have found that many of the HHV juices taste like nothing I've ever had before and therefore, find it difficult, if not impossible, to make any comparison. I found this to be true particularly in the NET, or Naturally Extracted Tobacco line, as I have very limited experience with exotic tobaccos. This is where the HHV Army's motto comes into play, "Vape it till you like it".

Also, many juices change dramatically over time, while others don't change much at all. I believe you realize this already by what you said about Legend and Dragon's Fire, etc. and I applaud you for choosing to put them up to steep a bit longer and go back to them later.

Lastly, the delivery device you use definitely is an important factor in the kind of experience you will have vaping. However, that does NOT mean you have to go out and get the top-of-the-line, cutting edge gear to enjoy vaping. There's a plethora of information on this topic in this section of the forum and in the main section. It's often confusing, yes, and if you ask 10 people what they think is the best device is you may end up with ten different answers. The thing is to try out different things to find out what works for you at a price that you can live with. Many folks here use ViVi Nova tanks and swear by them (me included); others swear bottom coil clearomizers like the Kanger T3, MT3, or Evod are the way to go (me included ;) ); while still others claim that squonking with a bottom feeder is where it's at (me included); and still more say cartomizers are THEE ultimate way to vape (I'm not so sure on that one, IMO, but I haven't given up on them entirely.)

So, just where the heck am I going with this?
Ask and you shall receive.
Have patience with your juices, some may mature to something you want to add to your regular rotation.
Vape it till you like it. You never know how your own tastes may change till you give it a try.
Experiment with different gear till you find what works for you at a price you can afford.
Most importantly, do what ever you need to do to stay off the stinkies and,
PIF (Pay it Forward)!!!

*Chak steps down off the podium....*

PS, Did I say welcome to the Army, DavidOH? :D
Glad you could join us - come on in and set a spell.

Last edited:

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Thanks Chakris. I have a Clearmizer Although I havn't used it scince I got the Evod. I like the way the Evod works since I rebuilt the heads. Been useing carto lately Got home from work last night decided to give Caramel Cappuccino a go. I like the flavor. Still seems a little light. Think it needs afew more days. Getting ready for work I've tried Dragon's Fire and Crackberry. I can taste Dragon's Fire now and I like it . Could load it up and vape it now. Same for Crackberry. In fact for me I could vape any of them now. But I'm going to wait another day or a few before I go for more than a bit of dripping. Dang gotta head out for another 12/14hr day. (Sucks!)

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
That's cool DavidOH, glad they are coming round to your liking.

If I'm not mistaken, Evods fall into the category of clearomizers. Very simillar to T3S's and MT3's from Kanger and VapeOnly's BCC - all being bottom coil clearomizers as apposed to top coil ones like Vision V3, mopheads, and what-have-ya... :D

Anyway, I hear they work just fine, in fact I have some on order along with a couple ProTanks and T3 coils. I should concentrate on recoiling my ViVi nova heads I have s--- loads of them hanging round.

Don't work too hard, just get 'er done so you can relax and enjoy your HHV. :)

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
Yes, give them time.

Some of them are slow steepers, while others are vapable right away, even with the NETs.

Heavenly Army was fantastic after a few days. While Oompa is still teasing me with chocolate -- just teasing -- after a month. Blueberry Muffin just keeps getting better and better.

So, try them, put them away, take them out and try them again. Most will reward you with your patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread