Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev. Stabard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Dark side of the moon
Ok, so I've had my Mini for a few days now. Coiled and wicked up nice, good juice. I've got to say I like this a smidgeon more than my Grand. Well, actually, I've barely touched my Grand since I got the Mini :)

Normally I wouldn't take my Grand out of the house (I don't go out much anyway...) as it was just a tad too big. So I was in the habit of taking an eGo batt and a CE4+. Convenient and would last well beyond my needs timewise. Now the Mini is taking that role. It's comfortable to take with me and small enough not to fall out of my shirt pocket if I have to bend over. With a 5 year old that can't tie his shoes yet it happens often enough :)

So, for me, the Mini is the winner. Not giving up my Grand though. It's great to have two Reos, if one is down for rebuilding or worse, I've got another to keep me going.

Anyway, question for you Mini owners: What have you found to be the best way to fill it with the least amount of mess. That's one of the nice things about the Grand - you can just drop the bottle a bit while it's still on the tube and fill it that way. The fit of the tube is too tight in the Mini bottle to do that.

What I've found is just to have another bottle ready to go, drop the old one and put the new one on after letting what will drain out of the tube drain into the old bottle. Anyone got any tricks?

Black

Miarose

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2013
West Chester, PA
i exclusively use mini woodvils and og minis. If I'm out and about, i'll just bring along a second bottle filled with the same juice and swap them. If I'm changing juice I take off the bottle, and blow out the juice in the tube into a paper towel, put filled bottle back on. I often prop up my reo with a paper towel under the tubing while i mess with the bottles.

sbmqcy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Quincy, IL, USA
i exclusively use mini woodvils and og minis. If I'm out and about, i'll just bring along a second bottle filled with the same juice and swap them. If I'm changing juice I take off the bottle, and blow out the juice in the tube into a paper towel, put filled bottle back on. I often prop up my reo with a paper towel under the tubing while i mess with the bottles.

This

Sent from my mobile

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
I take my bottles all the way off when filling and stick a folded paper towel behind (and under) the tube for the minute it takes.

6ml are easy, just squeeze the juice bottle and fill them to the neck.

3ml are a PIA until I discovered this ..... Squeeze the empty 3ml bottle as flat as you can. Put the juice bottle your filling with right tight in the hole trying to create a seal. As your squeezing the juice bottle let up on the 3ml and it sucks the juice right in with no mess. Doing it that way you don't have to worry about air having a chance to escape or juice bubbling up and down the sides.

Hope that made sense.

Rev. Stabard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Dark side of the moon
THere's a swap section in here so if you were inclined someone might want to trade a mini for a grand with you.

Thanks. I'm more than happy with the Grand. Definitely going to keep it. They're like my guitars, I've got my number 1, but I still hang on to my others :) And they get played, just not as often.

Rev. Stabard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Dark side of the moon
I have a ton of brand new bottles for a mini, so PM me your address and I'll send you some so you can swap out full ones when you're away from home.

Thank you! PM sent!

I've got to say, there are some good people here. So glad I found Reoville. Wasn't on my map but I know where it is now :) This really is a good community. I've met one member in person, very nice gentleman. And those I haven't met in person, such as yourself, have been very kind to me. Thanks again!

Last edited:

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
I bought some needle tops for my bottles, this works pretty well. But if I don't have needle top on the juice I want I just do the method shown with the larger woodvil, no need to use tissue or blow it out unless I changing flavors.

IMAG1862-L.jpg

IMAG1861-L.jpg

NicLiq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
nicliq.blogspot.com
Thank you! PM sent!

I've got to say, there are some good people here. So glad I found Reoville. Wasn't on my map but I know where it is now :) This really is a good community. I've met one member in person, very nice gentleman. And those I haven't met in person, such as yourself, have been very kind to me. Thanks again!

Greatest group on the internet :)

I hope it helps (and I hope the bottles are the same as they were 2 year ago) - it's a lot easier to switch out a bottle on a mini. I used to fill a bunch of them every week when I had one and carry them in a battery case.

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
I have a ton of brand new bottles for a mini, so PM me your address and I'll send you some so you can swap out full ones when you're away from home.
Got a couple of spares here, too!!:)
I'll bring them to you when we get to have another meetup!!
CinniMinnie is waiting to see you!!;)
Happy (vaping) Trails!

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I fill all of mine the same way:

Take the door off (duh) and I hold it upright, hand (thumb) facing down, palm on the Reo innards side. I can pull the bottle out by grabbing the edge of the cap with my index fingernail. Still holding it with one hand I pinch the cap between my index finger and thumb, or index finger and the edge of the Reo. The free hand now comes into play to unscrew the bottle from the cap.

If there is a lot of liquid in the tube I'll give it a second or two to see what will drip out into the bottle. Have a paper towel ready, folded into quarters. Lay the Reo down on it's side, index fingernail holding onto the cap, and shove the folded paper towel underneath the cap and tube. The farther you get the paper towel under the tube the more upright (off the paper towel) the tube will stay.

That sounds more complicated than it really is. I really didn't think about it, it was just my intuitive approach to it when I started with a 14500 Mini and how I handle all sizes. The most important parts are that ability to remove the bottle while holding the Reo upright, then getting the folded paper towel well under the tube and cap to keep it pointed upright when you lay the Reo down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread