Thoughts on the Kanger SubTank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altaire Versailles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Detroit MI
So I just got my subtank in. Let me just say this. This tank is LOUD.

Its beautiful to look at though, but I mean there is no way you can vape this without everyone around you being instantly aware youre doing it. Thats really annoying. As soon as i hit it a couple times my living room was FULL of vapor, like the whole room smelled like peaches. Not a problem except for stealth vaping at work and such.

This thing hits like a train! Ive never vaped anything above 12 watts nor less than 2 ohms so its a new experience for me. I bought some Lucena @ 3mg to make it a little easier. This hits waaaaay harder than any 12 or 18mg juice Ive vaped. Interesting. Dont think its really for me, Im not that much of a nic fiend. Maybe if I was wasted this would probably be just what I was looking for. But just to sit around casually vaping? Nope.

Also dont care for the airiness. Even on the one hole setting you just get massive air, like sucking through a straw. I dont personally care for that, I dont feel like I have any control over how much vapor Im pulling other than to just sip it in short pulls.

Im really gonna try and work with it because I like the idea of not having to carry my juice bottle around with me anymore. This tank took at least a good 6 1/2-7 ml.

Another thing, people kept complaining that its so ugly on mods because its 25mm, I dunno, with the beauty ring you can see in the pictures, I dont think it looks strange at all. Maybe it just fits better with the SVD. With an 18650 in though, it would be ridiculoid to carry around, its gotta be over a foot, easily. And its HEAVY.

Im happy with it though, itll be cool to try building a higher resistance coil on with the RBA plate later on.

Just my thoughts on it as a cat new to lower resistance vaping, Im sure alot of these things most of you are used to, but...

Heres a couple pics in 18650, 18490 and 18350.

20141229_191716.jpg 20141229_192009.jpg 20141229_192110.jpg

Last edited:

dravell

Jul 29, 2014
United States
Think he said he used 3mg in it, and he was using it on the SVD so he was using the 1.2ohm coils id assume since the SVD only goes to .8 or 1.2 depending on how it comes to you.
The Atlantis rocks at 35-40w so ive been meaning to try the Subtank, only reason I didnt bounce on it is its 25mm size, but after seeing how it looks on the SX Zero, im going to get it for mine.

Zombo

ECF Veteran
Dec 5, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
The size kills it for me, I think it looks horrible. Subjective, of course.

I do like the concept, though. I think it's great if you're into clearos and are unsure about RBAs.

Maybe they will make a mini....

Personally, I don't mind smaller capacity tanks as long as filling them isn't a PITA. For instance, I've basically retired my Lemo in favor of my Drops. YMMV

Altaire Versailles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Detroit MI
Zombo:14910873 said:
The size kills it for me, I think it looks horrible. Subjective, of course.

I do like the concept, though. I think it's great if you're into clearos and are unsure about RBAs.

Maybe they will make a mini....

Personally, I don't mind smaller capacity tanks as long as filling them isn't a PITA. For instance, I've basically retired my Lemo in favor of my Drops. YMMV

Yeah if they had a 22mm version I'd probably have bought that instead... But that would probably knock the volume down to 3 or 4 ml, so I dunno...

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
Im really gonna try and work with it because I like the idea of not having to carry my juice bottle around with me anymore. This tank took at least a good 6 1/2-7 ml.

It runs through all that juice in no time. May I suggest a Silo for such use? 5ml and runs great at 8-10W. At 18mg it lasts 2 days between refills....

dravell

Jul 29, 2014
United States
With capacity in sub ohm clearo style tanks, it comes down to "do you want heigth or width for increased capacity” I have a 7ml glass and top hardware assembly on order for the Atlantis. Since its going to work with the 22mm base, its going to be tall. Not sure yet if I'll like carrying it around.

Im waiting for the SoV atlantis coil tank personally, thing is SWEET

Mezrein

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
Oregon
I'm running one of these as well sitting on a zna. Size doesn't bother me much but the loudness and harshness does bother me a lot. I've tried both the .5 and 1.2 ohm coils in it and as soon as I can find a way to replace the chimey will do a build on it at 1.7 ohm and see how it does. It is stupidly airy, but that's what subbers want because they are after clouds. All in all its not a bad tank, wish the kfl 4 or squape reloaded would come down in price though. Would much rather have one of those

Sent while on the move with Tapatalk

dashreeve

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2014
Florida
I bought the Atlantis and it's collecting dust now as I'm a mouth-to-lung hitter and that thing is way too airy. I was holding off on the Subtank to see if you could get a good M2L hit off it but it appears my question has been answered.

Same here, I got my subtank and Atlantis in, both hard to do mouth to lung with. Been turning the ring on the one open hole so it shuts half of it off, and also using a tighter drip tip and it's ok. I got it to get into rebuilding, so hopefully a 1.2 ish coil on the RBA plate will work on this thing.

BoomerFZ1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2014
Pittsburgh, Pa
Same here, I got my subtank and Atlantis in, both hard to do mouth to lung with. Been turning the ring on the one open hole so it shuts half of it off, and also using a tighter drip tip and it's ok. I got it to get into rebuilding, so hopefully a 1.2 ish coil on the RBA plate will work on this thing.

Definitely good thinkin' on Kanger's part there. Good luck on the building. I started a couple months ago and I've been enjoying it greatly. If I may...get some Cellucotton from Amazon or somewhere. Makes building a whole lot easier. Cotton balls are a PITA.

Altaire Versailles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Detroit MI
caramel:14912599 said:

It runs through all that juice in no time. May I suggest a Silo for such use? 5ml and runs great at 8-10W. At 18mg it lasts 2 days between refills....

It's fine, ive vaped the same tank for 2 days now and it's still 80% full... I'm good to go

dashreeve

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2014
Florida
Definitely good thinkin' on Kanger's part there. Good luck on the building. I started a couple months ago and I've been enjoying it greatly. If I may...get some Cellucotton from Amazon or somewhere. Makes building a whole lot easier. Cotton balls are a PITA.

Did my first build today (my first build ever actually) using the Cotton Labo ORGANIC Cotton from amazon (it's sheet style Japanese organic). Build came out to 0.8 on multimeter but ipv mini reads at .7. Still more vapor and flavor than the stock 0.5 head and I'm only needing 22 watts. Been using 8 hours, no leaks or dry hits yet. Think I got lucky on the build though, hope i can replicate it.

Altaire Versailles

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2013
Detroit MI
So I switched from the replaceable heads to the rba section, built out a 1.7 on 28 kanthal, bacon cotton wick and for all intents and purposes, the subtank is now a kfl. Same flavor same vapor same throat hit and nearly the same capacity. Wonderful. :)

Sent while on the move with Tapatalk

Nice...I keep forgetting you can even do that too

Parva

Dec 16, 2014
Leeds, UK
The airflow was a major problem for me as I do mouth to lung and like to feel some resistance in doing so. Even on the smallest airhole setting I felt like I was sucking through a 2 inch piece of pipe. :( What I did do though was 'fudge' it by taking the air setting ring off its detent setting and turned it to cover a sufficient amount of the smallest hole and it's now perfect for me. On the 0.5ohm coil at 20 watts on a T8 I'm getting the perfect heat, TH and the vapour is just amazing, really impressed with it. It is a fairly big size at 25mm but doesn't look out of place on my T8, not so sure it would look so good on my Provari P3 though (even with the beauty ring and the higher ohm coil that the P3 could fire). :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread