Status
Not open for further replies.

Cigarman

Registered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2011
St. Petersburg, FL
smoktek.com
I had no idea there was a SmokTek subforum!

glad i found it.

just wanted to pop in and talk about how awesome my varicool is. vaping at its finest. im so pleased with my device. after getting teased with KR8s and eGos, i have found my sweet spot with the VariCool. great product at a great price.
:)
you da man Rob.

Lol, I'm glad you found it too! It's pretty new, we just got forum supplier status recently. I'm happy to hear you like the VariCool! What is your sweet spot and with what device?

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
my sweet spot is with the 1.7 ohm rejuvenator at approx 4 volts. i just turn the wheel a tad above the green line and im in vape heaven. with some juices i'll tweak the dial a little but for the most part i like it at 4 (with a 1.7). as the cartos start to not perform as new, i just crank up the volts...but im a bit leary of going too high as i dont want to heat it up too much or blow something. should i be overly worried about that?

Lol, I'm glad you found it too! It's pretty new, we just got forum supplier status recently. I'm happy to hear you like the VariCool! What is your sweet spot and with what device?

Cigarman

Registered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2011
St. Petersburg, FL
smoktek.com
woah whats a FlashBox?! sounds awesome.
We're working on a prototype now that I hope to have pics of next week. It will be a VariCool in translucent boxes in blue, green, red, yellow and clear with bright color-changing LED inside. These should be fun for the party crowd. :)

my sweet spot is with the 1.7 ohm rejuvenator at approx 4 volts. i just turn the wheel a tad above the green line and im in vape heaven. with some juices i'll tweak the dial a little but for the most part i like it at 4 (with a 1.7). as the cartos start to not perform as new, i just crank up the volts...but im a bit leary of going too high as i dont want to heat it up too much or blow something. should i be overly worried about that?
4 volts is perfect for me as well with the 1.7's. If you go much higher it will burn the juice and you'll know it right away. You don't need to worry about blowing anything, the box will be happy with whatever you choose but you can surely fry a carto or atomizer if you're not careful. Also, please keep in mind that there is no auto-shutoff on these mods so I recommend shutting off the master switch when not in use.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
cool. i appreciate the info and im glad to hear how sturdy the mechanics are.

is there any talk of a smokbox with an external volt read-out?

i was gonna ask you about switching off the box as you mentioned. i thought the batteries might get drained if i always left it on. it that the main reason for shutting it off?

We're working on a prototype now that I hope to have pics of next week. It will be a VariCool in translucent boxes in blue, green, red, yellow and clear with bright color-changing LED inside. These should be fun for the party crowd. :)

4 volts is perfect for me as well with the 1.7's. If you go much higher it will burn the juice and you'll know it right away. You don't need to worry about blowing anything, the box will be happy with whatever you choose but you can surely fry a carto or atomizer if you're not careful. Also, please keep in mind that there is no auto-shutoff on these mods so I recommend shutting off the master switch when not in use.

Cigarman

Registered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2011
St. Petersburg, FL
smoktek.com
The batteries won't drain if you leave it on, it's just a safety precaution.

Yes I am looking into external LED/LCD display, but I want a small one, not the standard big red unit. I'm having difficulty sourcing what I want. If anyone finds a good source, let me know please!

Last edited by a moderator:

Cigarman

Registered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2011
St. Petersburg, FL
smoktek.com

Cigarman

Registered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2011
St. Petersburg, FL
smoktek.com
got my varicool in the mail, thing is working great. I also received a voltmeter, but it doesnt seem to be working with it. kinda lame, hopefully they'll fix it.

That is the first DOA meter we've had, we'll certainly take care of it. You have an email about this. I'm glad to hear the VariCool is working good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread