Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Could be one of several things:

1) dry hits can burn your throat. If wick isn’t saturated you could get a dry hit. This could be because the juice isn’t moving through the coil fast enough but it could also be because the wick wasn’t sufficiently saturated in the first place.
2) some people are allergic to PG. if there’s a lot of PG in the juice and you’re allergic that could cause a problem
3) some people are allergic to some flavor ingredients. Causes the same issue as #2 but for different reasons

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Need more information to give an honest accessment.

What wattage setting are you using? How long have you been vaping and how long have you been using a sub-ohm tank? How much is your air flow adjusted on the tank?

Is your mix 75 vg/ 25 pg, or 75 pg/ 25 vg?

Who made the juice? Vape shop or a commercial manufacturer?

Last edited:

Skyscorcher

Jun 11, 2019
Need more information to give an honest accessment.

What wattage setting are you using? How long have you been vaping and how long have you been using a sub-ohm tank? How much is your air flow adjusted on the tank?

Is your mix 75 vg/ 25 pg, or 75 pg/ 25 vg?

Who made the juice? Vape shop or a commercial manufacturer?
wattage is 70
ohms is .2
vaping for ~2yrs
bought it from ejuice deals brand is ripe
air flow is 1/2 opened
i believe its 75 vg/ 25 pg, not sure though.
this is the exact juice:
Ripe Collection Straw Nanners Ejuice

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
currently using a T-priv with T6 coils in the baby beast.
some juices i buy burn my throat sor do not right currently i bought a 3mg 75/25 ripe brand juice.
that just burns my throat, this is my first 75/25 mix juice, is it the mix or the brand?
Have you tried lowering the watts? Not all flavorings do well with the same wattage. Some burn more quickly than others altho with 75 vg, it should be a smooth vape. I would try a lower watts and then work up to a higher one at maybe 2 watts or so. See if you can tell when its starts to burn your throat.

:)

Jesse James

Jun 2, 2019
Seattle,WA
is it the mix or the brand?
I've vaped quite a few different brands(mostly 80VG/20PG or 70VG/30PG) and I've never run into a specific brand that gave me a strong throat hit, but there's a first time for everything. Also with what bombastinator said about having a propylene glycol allergy that could be true and maybe you should try to find a 100%VG juice, but I'd think if you've been vaping for 2 years the PG would've bothered you before this. I looked up that flavor and it is 75%VG. What was the ratio of the juice you used before this?

Reactions: DeloresRose

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Read some reviews about this brand and specifically this flavor. Vast majority were very good. Of course, maybe the mixer had a bad batch...it does happen. I could see a strawberry-bananna flavor being harsh, but I'm not a fan of either flavor as a vape. Most of the strawberry flavors I've tried are either too sweet or harsh. I saw that it does come in a nic salt variety, that might have a milder throat hit if you enjoy the taste.

Jesse James

Jun 2, 2019
Seattle,WA
Read some reviews about this brand and specifically this flavor. Vast majority were very good. Of course, maybe the mixer had a bad batch...it does happen. I could see a strawberry-bananna flavor being harsh, but I'm not a fan of either flavor as a vape. Most of the strawberry flavors I've tried are either too sweet or harsh. I saw that it does come in a nic salt variety, that might have a milder throat hit if you enjoy the taste.
It is hard to find a good strawberry flavor. The only good one I've found is Sour Strawberry Belts by Humble.

Reactions: Baditude

Skyscorcher

Jun 11, 2019
is it the mix or the brand?
I've vaped quite a few different brands(mostly 80VG/20PG or 70VG/30PG) and I've never run into a specific brand that gave me a strong throat hit, but there's a first time for everything. Also with what bombastinator said about having a propylene glycol allergy that could be true and maybe you should try to find a 100%VG juice, but I'd think if you've been vaping for 2 years the PG would've bothered you before this. I looked up that flavor and it is 75%VG. What was the ratio of the juice you used before this?
im use to naked's juice blend

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
what special things are needed for salt nics
Welcome to ECF
Salts work the same as regular freebase nic, they are simply smoother. At 3mg I doubt you notice a difference honestly. I think your problem is more likely the flavor concentrates in that particular juice. Try a something smoother, maybe a bakery or cream/custard. Could also be the juice just has older nic that's oxidized.

Skyscorcher

Jun 11, 2019
Have you tried lowering the watts? Not all flavorings do well with the same wattage. Some burn more quickly than others altho with 75 vg, it should be a smooth vape. I would try a lower watts and then work up to a higher one at maybe 2 watts or so. See if you can tell when its starts to burn your throat.

:)
been messing around with the wattage and airflow, still Burns

• Useful
Reactions: Letitia

Skyscorcher

Jun 11, 2019
Welcome to ECF
Salts work the same as regular freebase nic, they are simply smoother. At 3mg I doubt you notice a difference honestly. I think your problem is more likely the flavor concentrates in that particular juice. Try a something smoother, maybe a bakery or cream/custard. Could also be the juice just has older nic that's oxidized.
so i wouldn't need special coils or tank?

Reactions: Letitia

P3ch3

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2019
so i wouldn't need special coils or tank?
yes... recommended high ohm coil, for example 1.0 ohm or beyond and maybe mtl devices since salt is not mean for sub ohm or DTL since concentration per mg is more in salts,

great, so you use sub-ohm and regular coils for salt?
been messing around with the wattage and airflow, still Burns
well some liquids destroy my throat too, i do lower wattage for'em until i got used to them, its a try and fail job, but interesting,

also could be defective coil, is there a chance to borrow a tank and try some puffs?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
yes... recommended high ohm coil, for example 1.0 ohm or beyond and maybe mtl devices since salt is not mean for sub ohm or DTL since concentration per mg is more in salts,

great, so you use sub-ohm and regular coils for salt?

well some liquids destroy my throat too, i do lower wattage for'em until i got used to them, its a try and fail job, but interesting,

also could be defective coil, is there a chance to borrow a tank and try some puffs?
I do use salts exclusively and mix my salt bases anywhere from 3-9mg. I do sub ohm exclusively and you don't need to change your equipment to use salts period.

@Skyscorcher if you want to try salts do so. You do not need to buy anything new but the juice. Salt juices are available online from 3mg to 60mg. Just order the strength you normally vape with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread