Throat hit: what's the science to the throat hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scootaloo

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2012
United Kingdom
I was recently thinking about vaping, and about throat hit that I enjoy, and I’d like to ask a question about the science of throat hit.

I don’t wish to sound ANTZ here, but I figure that throat hit is a reaction to the lungs sending a message to the brain that something’s gone into the lungs that isn't just regular old oxygen.

In a vaping shop, I was allowed to try before I buy a flavor of juice, the juice in the shops PV was only 6mg of nicotine which is 12mg less than my regular juice, this gave 0 throat hit.

I know the nicotine is less and apparently that causes less throat hit, but why is that?

Why didn’t my lungs react to the vapour?

volume control

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Mass
Throat hit is directly correlated to nicotine level. PG tends to enhance it slightly, while VG tends to mute it. So its maybe 90% nic level, and 10% mixture. The pinch feeling is not a burning, its your bodies reaction to nicotine. With 0 nic you will not get a throat hit no matter what, some people claim hot sauce or cinnamon can emulate it slightly but its more of a scratching feeling than the pinch of nicotine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread