THRUSH of the Vocal Cords

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive been vaping for YEARS! I just got thrush of the esophagus and vocal cords. My ENT asked me if i inhaled anything like asthma inhalers....my response no and I don’t smoke. I omitted about vaping....but when I got in the car I realized that’s what I am inhaling...my throat and vocal cords are covered! I had a sore throat as in way down like I swallowed a hard boiled egg and it wouldn’t move. It hurt I couldn’t speak but a whisper felt like streptococcus. He ran a scope up my nose and down my throat....not comfortable but it had to be done. He wrote me a script for diflucan for 22 days and oral rinse to swish and swallow, a huge mega dose of steroids. I had always been an avid supporter of the vape, but after experiencing this not anymore. I’m a week out barely relief on the vocal cords, eating yogurt like crazy. Just wanted to warn y’all about this. A simple sore throat turned into something way worse a miserable infection that’s nearly impossible to cure. I drink water like a Camel I eat healthy I don’t drink...my one and only vice is now gone. Anyone else have this issue?????

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I am highly doubtful that vaping was the cause. I'm not an ENT, but I just seriously..... This sounds all kinds of wrong.

Also, it is truly the "first" case of vape related thrush I have "heard of" in all my time vaping. You'd think it would be a bit more prevalent, and whatnot. I think you have an external cause, I really do think that. MAYBE vaping exacerbated it MAYBE but even then, that is highly speculative.

You should probably try to identify the cause (whether you continue to vape or not) so it doesn't happen again.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread