Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
I've been vaping for near 9 years. Most of that time has been high nic content...36 to 50mg/ml. There have been travels to lower levels, but I always have gone back up. I vape MTL and not deeply I'm guessing. I do like my throat hit.

I use full VG currently at 50mg/ml and unflavored. In the past few years, I have developed hoarseness. In the early AM, my voice is fine (after not vaping for 6 or 8 hours and getting rest(?)). I don't talk much, but do some in the mornings when I take breakfast out usually in the company of others.

As the day progresses, hoarseness begins to come on and seemingly increases as the day goes on. Since I live alone, I'm not usually talking much after breakfast. Sometimes I find myself surprised by my voice in the late afternoon or evening when a phone call comes in or if I'm out and happen to be around others.

I've had my vocal cords examined by an ENT via nasal probe and had an endoscopy. Neither found anything of significance. I am aged 71.

Have you experienced similar hoarseness?

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Have you experienced similar hoarseness?
Yeah, for the last decade or so that I was smoking, and it got especially bad during the winter.

It all cleared up when I switched to vaping, but I don't vape 50mg; I'm currently at 13, with 35PG/65VG. 50 is some serious level of alkali hitting your throat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread