Thumb or Finger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I have noticed that there is not a consistent placement of which side the button is on box mods. Even the same company puts the button on different sides on different models. For instance, Joyetech puts the button on the same side as the atomizer on the evic VTC mini, but on the other side on the grip. Eleaf switches it on the istick 30w and the istick basic. No rhyme or reason. Coolfire--opposite the tank. Subbox---same side as the tank.

I'm not saying that this is even something I consider when buying a mod, but it is something I notice when using it. That makes me curious what others think.

So I prefer that the tank is on the same side as the button and I prefer to use my thumb. What say you?

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I have noticed that there is not a consistent placement of which side the button is on box mods. Even the same company puts the button on different sides on different models. For instance, Joyetech puts the button on the same side as the atomizer on the evic VTC mini, but on the other side on the grip. Eleaf switches it on the istick 30w and the istick basic. No rhyme or reason. Coolfire--opposite the tank. Subbox---same side as the tank.

I'm not saying that this is even something I consider when buying a mod, but it is something I notice when using it. That makes me curious what others think.

So I prefer that the tank is on the same side as the button and I prefer to use my thumb. What say you?

On tube mods, the tank/topper is on top above the battery; it always concerns me that liquid could seep down through the 510 connection and get in to the battery; that issue occurs with the common ego stick type batteries where liquid can get down into the electronics; my one incident with a lithium battery venting was a case like that of an ego battery.

So I like when the tank/topper is not vertically above the battery;
On the evic vtc mini that I have the tank/topper is not vertically above the battery.
But then, it is right over the switch; now I don't know the insides, but it does concern me that the liquid will probably be able to get down into the electronics.

They even have these (imo) ridiculous air channels designed on the 510 connector to enable use of the older type tanks like the protank, but that's a place where leaks coming down the outside of a tank or dripper can end up getting into the 510 threadwell.

as for which finger I use: normally I use my left hand and press with my thumb.
But if I am driving I use my right hand, but then I turn it the other way around so that the airhole points more upwards, in which case I use my finger.
If I change to a different topper, I might end up having to reverse that; it's a decision based on where my airhole ends up when I screw on the topper.

Reactions: RabidPatrick

Captain Pegleg

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Arkansas
When in doubt, pinky out!

Actually I have no rhyme or reason either. I even switch from thumb to index finger from one puff to the next, and if my hand fits the mod right, I like to push the button with my hand between the index finger and thumb :confused: I used to rock a mini ego at work so holding it in my palm (hiding it) and just squeezing it became habit. I pushed the button with whatever part of my hand was on it. *squeeze squeeze*

Reactions: Douggro

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Is the thumb not a finger? Are we discriminating against that poor opposable digit homo sapiens possesses?? :lol:

Thumb or index finger for me, with no proclivity for tank-to-mod orientation.

I apologize to any digits that may have been offended by my previous statements.

WereBear

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2015
S.E. USA
tp_diag01.gif

Captain Pegleg

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Arkansas
This orientation argument, I have found, is directly tied to whether one is owned by felinious horriblus - aka the domestic cat..

I saw on the Simpsons that Child Services can write you up for "failure to mount toilet paper in the proper overhang fashion" hahaha

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Thumb....99% of the time.
I most prefer the button on the thin side of the "box", too.

No huge preference on the atty placement, though "on top" works well. ;) Though rare in box mods, centered is quite nice and super comfy, for me.

Now, if I start liking side by sides, it all may change. :lol:

Reactions: Rangertrix

Douggro

Ultra Member
Nov 26, 2015
Seattle, WA
I saw on the Simpsons that Child Services can write you up for "failure to mount toilet paper in the proper overhang fashion" hahaha
We fly in the face of danger.
We have cats.
And (now grown) children.
We use the "proper overhang" method...when the roll actually makes it onto the holder. Most of the time, it's sitting on the counter.
I should own stock in a TP company at the rate we go through it in our household.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
With mine the tank is opposite the button but for the button it depends on which hand my MOD is in at the time I vape. Now I will be trying to watch and make note of what I do most with my predominant hand my right. Left is always my thumb though.

Interesting question sort of a brain teaser.......... :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread