Tight Wick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
Examples were neat, I couldn't hardly make out what he said on my laptop, not loud enough. Did he explain why you might want a faster or slower wick? If he did then that's a great vid, I just need a new pc or some speakers. If he didn't that'd be the only thing that needs to be added, cause there's no one wick type for every atty.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Examples were neat, I couldn't hardly make out what he said on my laptop, not loud enough. Did he explain why you might want a faster or slower wick? If he did then that's a great vid, I just need a new pc or some speakers. If he didn't that'd be the only thing that needs to be added, cause there's no one wick type for every atty.
He's from Norway and speaks a little different. You have to hear him speak.

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
He's from Norway and speaks a little different. You have to hear him speak.

Right, I caught the accent but just couldn't get volume up to grasp it all. Nothing on the video, it's my PC, the speakers aren't very loud and the position of them (on bottom) doesn't help either.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
This was already posted and discussed in detail in THIS THREAD.

As I stated in the other thread, super tight wicking will help with how high (altitude) the liquid can travel up the wick, but we aren't trying to wick over a mountain. We just need it to wick a few mm high. We care more about wicking SPEED. In other words can the wick move the juice fast enough to keep up with the evaporation rate that we are converting our juice into vapor. Wick that is too tight can slow down the wicking speed.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
It still boils down to everyone needs to try their own wicking methods in each tank they own. .I do agree however that a tight wick works better then a not so tight wick, just ask any rayon users, but there are still many variables. .I think in higher wattages it's more important for tighter wicks , at 7 watts does the extra wicking equal a better vape, not sure...and does flavor get better if your wicking faster then you actually need it? Some may try packing a 3mm coil tight in an rta or whatever, but now because of the extra cotton in coil, now you have much more in the channels, which can definitely be to much in alot of rtas, so usually tail trimming is necessary when adding more cotton in coil....so although all these methods and tests are great information and should be watched and tried, only experimenting on one's individual devices will give best results..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I agree that everyone's going to have a preference and a tighter wick in the coil may cause the need for higher wattages? I've been wicking my siren tightly with rayon AND I don't notice a huge delay on firing or any kind of delay in wicking. 12 watts, and I've even closed down the airflow some. I don't get any dry hits either

With that said, I am not going to enjoy ANY vape if my RTA is leaking or seeping.... I did rewick my Siren yesterday and kind of felt like it COULD have been a smidgen tighter in the wick and decided to go with it anyway.... No leaks at all so far, but I also have not noticed a HUGE difference in performance. Maybe it's a little smoother, but I also changed some other variables.

Or perhaps I have now found my super happy place. I don't know. But I will say that I always lean toward tighter in my wicking now.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread