Wicking Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Cotton breaking in the coil is a sign the coil is too tight. I would start by using a bit less wicking in the coil if you can. A cotton wick should last a few days or slightly more, not hours. You may want to try rayon, if you tend to overwick, as it shrinks when wet, and is also prone to more longevity. It might be useful for you to try it, although it can still be overstuffed.

Best of luck,

Anna

Ralph_K

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2018
What I'm using is the graham cellucotton beauty coils. Its the 100% cotton not the rayon. They have both. I like the format of already being round. Just wicked my rdta and I tried something different took one of the beauty coils cut it down the middle then put one of the piece in a extra long cigarette roller I had laying around came out with a beautiful wick

Ralph_K

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2018
Howdy Vapers! I have a problem about wicking the cotton ( I’m using Japanese organic cotton ) and my cotton is always broken maybe after 3-5 hours. I don’t chain vape or over vape.

How tight should I wick ? Thanks
You should be able to move wick back end forth easily but no too loose.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yep, you've just got a bit too much wick going on, is my suspicion. You can just wick it slightly less, and it is easier when you cut the fibers in the right direction. One of the reasons I enjoy my cellucotton that is rayon, is it comes out of the box and I can just cut a piece but I already have the orientation right. I doubt I would enjoy cotton balls OR rayon balls. The rayon Sally's makes is just ideal for easy wicking. But, mainly, reduce the amount in your coil slightly.

Anna

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Are you sure you are cutting the cotton in the direction? Makes a difference, there is only one right way to cut a pad. Along the long fibers.
I think you may be on to something.

Tan12

Nov 5, 2017
This what my build looks like

Attachments

• 20180217_193015.jpg
    20180217_193015.jpg
    807.3 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: stols001

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
That wick job looks pretty good. That's a fat coil build though. I'm betting that it takes a lot of energy to get it up to temperature.
What wattage are you trying to vape it with? Are you using temperature control (assuming that's SS)?

Tan12

Nov 5, 2017
That wick job looks pretty good. That's a fat coil build though. I'm betting that it takes a lot of energy to get it up to temperature.
What wattage are you trying to vape it with? Are you using temperature control (assuming that's SS)?

I'm using NCv2 there's not TC set up. Only voltage mode and regulated parallel

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread