Status
Not open for further replies.

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    I've been searching the forums for hours and have come up with some options for dripping but I'm still a bit confused. I like to keep my suppliers to a minimum, especially when I'm already planning an order through a couple suppliers. I really just want to try this for testing new flavors, and the simplest option is probably going to be the best for me... for now.

After my extensive research I'm thinking one or all of these are going to work for what I want. I might be wrong, this is probably the toughest component I've had to choose so far. I may be overthinking this but us engineers tend to do that.

SmokTech Bridgeless Atomizer - Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes

Joyetech Joye 510 Atomizer

Low Resistance (LR) Atomizer - 306

I'm thinking the Joye 510 and bridgeless one's would be easiest because you don't have to fill them with a drip tip on, is that correct? Also do I need to get a drip shield on any or all of these? Will one of those and a drip shield fit onto my ego twist or do I need a 510 to 510 adapter?

Thanks all, I know making new threads for previously discussed topics too often is generally frowned on but it seams this is one hobby that even when things are discussed in detail I'm still left with questions. And trying to relate old links to sites you're putting together an order on is quite challenging as well.

HyperRealist

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 29, 2012
    Erie, PA
    I started out with bridgless 510 then went to LR 306. My 306 died after about a week so I might go back to regular 510s. I think drip shields are dumb. I have a couple in my tackle box but don't use them. If you are going for aesthetics with an eGo get a cone instead of a drip shield. I take the drip tip off when dripping a 510 but I just leave it on and drip through the hole on 306.

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Thanks guy, sounds like I was indeed overthinking this one a bit. Not worried at all about aesthetics, just want a cheap option to test juices without going through a new cartomizer everytime. I'll probably go with a 306 and just try to let is sit a bit after I drop into it to make sure I don't get juice in my mouth, that drives me nutts!

Time to start searching on how to clean them, know I've already read it a couple times.

sofauxboho

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Time to start searching on how to clean them, know I've already read it a couple times.

After spending too much time reading about cleaning, I went with the overnight vodka bath. Works great! Cleans the old flavor right out of every sort of atty I've tried.

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Guess I'm going to have to post a minority opinion :lol:

What you will find with a 306 atomizer is heat, not better throat hit, just hotter, not better taste, just a different taste. When it's all said and done the 306 really isn't better or worse than a 510, it's just different. Some folks will like that difference, but just as many won't.

With your eGo you will want a drip shield cone instead of a drip shield.
    eGo Drip Shield Cone
    This eliminates the need of the shorty extension and gives the eGo a finished look.

As for the need for a shield, I guess it all depends on how large a roll of tissue you want to carry around with you. Believe me, anyone that says dripping atties never leak doesn't drip! With a shield who cares if the atty leaks a little. The juice is held next to the connector by the o-ring inside the shield, and vacuum pulls the juice back into the atty so that you use it instead of it getting all over everything. You can also use the shield to adjust the draw of your atty.

Before there was such a thing as shields we just used a simple o-ring to prevent minor leaking from getting all over everything, and to adjust the draw. (It's right below the connector)
    P1000365.jpg

Last edited:

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Thanks for the info TJ! Appreciate the link too, I ordered that same drip shield, got a 306 atty and a drip tip, a CAMO EGO CASE!!!, and a middle finger drip tip, cuz why not. They have some pretty good prices on certain items there, will be back.

I would have got a 510 atty but I'm using an Ego Twist and all they had was LR stuff. I picked the 306 cuz it was the highest resistance at 1.8. I ordered another 510 1.5 ohm atty with my juice order with Mt Baker (first time trying, can't wait!) so I should be well on my way to dripping!

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Question on this 510 Bridgeless atty. It came with polyfill in it and the bag that it came in was soaking wet. Think I've read somewhere that they ship with a "little" PG in them to keep them from drying but there were little droplets everywhere in the bag. Am I supposed to leave the polyfill in there? Liking the 306 a lot better because it was just drip and go. I rinsed the 510 out and let it sit a night and it still might have some water in it. It sounds flooded but I was never really getting much vapor out of it and put in one drop at a time. This is the one I ordered.

SmokTech Bridgeless Atomizer - Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread