Time to play catch up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch2651

Aug 13, 2014
Pennsylvania
So I've been camping a larger mini with an istick 50 for almost a year now. My funds don't let me always chase latest and greatest but it's time now. I've always been a fan of internal batteries because it's less I have to carry. My question is..
I have been looking at the evil mini with the lgh2 batteries as a viable option. I typically cape around 35 to 40 watts. I'm guessing this is something that can last me the day? I am a chain caper except at work. I've always enjoyed having more battery than I need just in case I were to forget a battery and not go home right away. I just don't know if throwing out mods is that practical anymore. I've seen the 200 watt deals with two batteries but have also read the battery life isn't always twice as much. ( still have some learning to do with that). Am I heading down the right path? I appreciate your help as always

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
I have been looking at the evil mini with the lgh2 batteries as a viable option. I typically cape around 35 to 40 watts. I'm guessing this is something that can last me the day?
The eVic VTC Mini is a great mod. The LG HG2 is 20A CDR, 3000 mAh battery/cell. Good for up to 50 watts. You will most likely use two batteries/cells per day (as your iStick 50 watt is 4400 mAh). When transporting batteries always make sure they are in a battery box.

I would also recommend purchasing a charger. Although you can charge via the usb, for safety reasons most members recommend charging externally.

BATTERIES - WHERE TO BUY

Only buy batteries from a reputable supplier (not ebay or Amazon) as there are many counterfeit batteries being sold. Here are several reputable battery suppliers in the US.

Douggro

Ultra Member
Nov 26, 2015
Seattle, WA
+1 for the Evic VTC Mini. Another option in the same class is the iStick TC60W: compact, fits the hand well, single 18650.
If you want to step up to a 2-battery mod, the Cuboid has essentially the same interface as the VTC Mini but runs up to 200W. I'm running my Cuboid in the 40W range and it easily cruises through a day of normal vaping on one set of the HG2 batteries. It is a hefty mod though - not light in the hand.

Mitch2651

Aug 13, 2014
Pennsylvania
Thank you for the quick replies. I do have a charger(efest luc I believe). I have always been a tad sketched about Usb charging anyway so I do plan on charging that way.

As for the cuboid. I was looking at that as well I'm just having trouble understanding the relationship with the dual 18650. Because I don't know much about that I assumed two would be double mah. I have read that isn't always the case so to avoid confusion I was just going to go single. It is something I would carry around all day so Size is a consideration. Ive been spoiled in a sense but I guess carrying another battery isn't the end of the world

Reactions: Susan~S

Douggro

Ultra Member
Nov 26, 2015
Seattle, WA
Cuboid, IIRC, is in series so not doubling the mah, just the volts. But at the range we're operating in (~45W) it's not much of an issue. The HG2's are solid 20A batteries and are good up to the 80-85W range in the Cuboid before you start getting to their CDR safety limits.
The Cuboid is only marginally larger than the TC60W but it has significantly more heft to it - it's a pocket-sagger for sure. But it is comfortable in the hand, and I have big hands. ;)
Full thread devoted to the Cuboid over in the TC Section.
Nothing wrong with the VTC Mini though. :)

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
The only parallel mod I know of is the 100W iStick, but I can't recommend it. I have 2 of them simply because I wanted something I could take to work and not cry about if I broke it. I can run my Billow on them at 30W all day (12-14 hours) on a single set of LG HG2's and the chip is decent, but the craftsmanship of the mod itself is crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread