Not open for further replies.

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
In The Plex
kb.lime-it.us
Awesome ! If I have to I will do the same :) Or just losen the cone to just one thread in and see how that goes. yes ?
well the cone does stiffen the draw a tad, and it makes your carttomizer or carto get warmer then without it, this isnt really a issue for me but many have mentioned this, and slitting holes solves the issues completly, so those who have this issue can fix it easily.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
I guess its a matter of preference for sure, because it was designed with the cone for a reason, which seems to be to create a warmer vapor which many desire, when combined with a lower resistance cartomizer like eastmalls 510 and the cone you get plumes of warm thick vapor. Same applies if you use a low reistance 510 atomizer with the cone, you get a nice warmer thick vapor which many prefer because I take it that it simulates high volt vaping to its fullest.

I noticed with the slits, I still get a warm vape with a little more airflow, which is great for me as well but it helps with keeping the cart or atomizer a little cooler since i back to back vape alot.

for someone that doesnt vape back to back drags there is no real reason to make holes or slits other then to loosen the draw.

Last edited:

Esig

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Interesting your getting a tight draw. I dont have that problem with any of mine, not to say you don't.

I also don't have that problem sorry I don't have the EM Riva it came out just after I bought that other one that costs $78:-x But if the Riva is better than that it can only be amazing and it will be on my next order who say you can ever have enough PV's :lol: But seriously before I got that one I was always trying out all this cart mods and was getting quite frustrated because every one had it's good points but mostly never really worked for me and I was getting sick and tired of the burn taste sorry Rick I know your a dripping man but I prefer carts but could never empty a cart until I got this PV with the cone now I never get that burn taste anymore and emty a whole cart and when I take it out to refill it's completely dry no waste at all I actually think that the cone keeps the carts moist and my atty stays cool but then I don't suck on the thing like a madman I don't think any PV was or is designed for that nice even drags and take a break in between and I'm as happy as a pig in mud lol sorry no pun intended.:D

Esig

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
Hi can anybody tell me what is the best mod for a standard cart with the standard filling 510 - 901 on a normal atty or any other way to escape the burning taste burning taste I get just after a couple of draws on my Indulgence it's really spoiling my whole experience with the Indulgence and that's on 3.7v vaping. I don't seem to have that problem when I vape 6v or higher with it using a HV 801 atty and cart. The only problem is that I don't think I'm ready to vape at high voltage to much hell the Indulgence is like a steam train when it comes to high voltage vaping it takes my breath away8-o:lol: please I would really appreciate it and I made the mistake of ordering all my e-liquid from EM at 26mg and at high voltage it has a TH like nothing else I tried in the while I'm vaping. It really is an amazing peace of technology and at the moment it's lying with my other PV's I don't use and that just does not seem fair that something like that is not being utilized properly.:(
Thanks
Martin

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Hi can anybody tell me what is the best mod for a standard cart with the standard filling 510 - 901 on a normal atty or any other way to escape the burning taste burning taste I get just after a couple of draws on my Indulgence it's really spoiling my whole experience with the Indulgence and that's on 3.7v vaping.

when you drip to fill up your cartridge, also drip 1 or 2 drips straight onto your atty coil,
this works for me, I get no burned taste,

I use 801 mostly, but also 510 and 901 with the same successful method.
I use the standard filler that comes in the cart from the factory, although on some I pull it out and cut some off to make it thinner, spread it out - to make it looser, -- cos I find some are just packed too tight to let the juice flow nicely.
then stuff it back in.

I don't seem to have that problem when I vape 6v or higher with it using a HV 801 atty and cart. The only problem is that I don't think I'm ready to vape at high voltage to much hell the Indulgence is like a steam train when it comes to high voltage vaping it takes my breath away8-o:lol: please I would really appreciate it and I made the mistake of ordering all my e-liquid from EM at 26mg and at high voltage it has a TH like nothing else I tried in the while I'm vaping. It really is an amazing peace of technology and at the moment it's lying with my other PV's I don't use and that just does not seem fair that something like that is not being utilized properly.:(
Thanks
Martin

as to your 26mg juice and kills your throat

buy some plain PG or plain VG

and dilute it down a little bit to reduce the strength of the nicotine and it should be better for you.

Esig

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
as to your 26mg juice and kills your throat

buy some plain PG or plain VG

and dilute it down a little bit to reduce the strength of the nicotine and it should be better for you.

Thanks Di will try your cart suggestion but did you notice that the blank carts that you buy for the 501 and 901 actually has something at the bottom that keeps it stuck to the cart it's some type of white glue type of substance I'm sure it's not glue maybe just wax but it actually does not come out as easy as the filled carts. Also the poly is actually folded over at the bottom. Do you think I should cut off that part? I bought a box of 50 carts for the 501 and 801 from EM. I did not take out the 801's filling yet so I can't say if they are the same but I doubt it. I'm just sorry that I only bought high voltage 801 atty's from EM I should have got some standard atty's as well I actually really like the 801 carts and the HV atty performs great at 6v. I suppose I'm correct when I say that you can't use the HV atty's on the 3.7v device? Your suggestion about adding plain VG or PG I tried adding VG but that really kills the taste and TH would PG do the same or am I just putting too much VG in sorry I never messed around with e-liquid yet how much VG or PG would you suggest I add to a 20ml bottle of e-liquid to get it just right. I know I'm asking a lot of questions but I will order more e-liquid on my next order and this time I will take just 18mg but I'm waiting for EM's new web page to open before I place my next order I'm scared I miss out on some new goodies you will have on there:) Any news on that yet?
Thanks
Martin

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Thanks Di will try your cart suggestion but did you notice that the blank carts that you buy for the 501 and 901 actually has something at the bottom that keeps it stuck to the cart it's some type of white glue type of substance I'm sure it's not glue maybe just wax but it actually does not come out as easy as the filled carts.

yes, it is a bit of white glue to hold the wool - or - filler in so it does not come out and stich onto the mesh coil in the atty.
It is not harmful to your health, but some peeps find it may give a taste, i do not find this.

Also the poly is actually folded over at the bottom. Do you think I should cut off that part?

yes, I do
I pull out the whole wad of the filler, and cut it about a 1/4 off, down the length on one side,
then I pull it apsrt a bit with fingers and stretch it out to get it all loose and not tightly wadded up,
then squish it gently with fingers and push back into cart with tweezer, fit it loosely, if it sticks out over top, cut it off with scissors.
I am not allowed to play with sharp knives or scissors,
so I get someone to help me with the cutting parts.

I bought a box of 50 carts for the 501 and 801 from EM. I did not take out the 801's filling yet so I can't say if they are the same but I doubt it.

some are some are not.

I'm just sorry that I only bought high voltage 801 atty's from EM I should have got some standard atty's as well I actually really like the 801 carts and the HV atty performs great at 6v. I suppose I'm correct when I say that you can't use the HV atty's on the 3.7v device?

well I risked my life for you here ---

I tested the EM HV 801 atty for you ---
on the Indulgence passthru-@ 5 V = perfect
on Indulgence with 18650 battery @ 3.7V = perfect
both combinations gave good draw, and clouds of smoke.:)

Your suggestion about adding plain VG or PG I tried adding VG but that really kills the taste and TH would PG do the same or am I just putting too much VG in sorry I never messed around with e-liquid yet how much VG or PG would you suggest I add to a 20ml bottle of e-liquid to get it just right. I know I'm asking a lot of questions but I will order more e-liquid on my next order and this time I will take just 18mg but I'm waiting for EM's new web page to open before I place my next order I'm scared I miss out on some new goodies you will have on there:) Any news on that yet?
Thanks
Martin

ok with this diluting of juice you really need to have an idea of the strength you ant to end up with --

if you dilute only by 1/3 or at most 1/4 it is usually ok for the taste------

so for your strength --

20mls @26mg

if you take 15mls @26mg add 5mls of - 0nic - PG or VG
you will have 20mls of 19.5mg. --- try that.

note--
PG is thinner and gives a looser viscosoity to your juice
VG is thicker and thickens the viscosity, and also gives a little sweetness to the taste.

Esig

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
@ Di

Thanks Di you are a star as usual the info you gave me will help a lot:thumbs: and about the sharp things I thought Red Heads are not scared of anything especially when they're from Down Under. :D

PS. you did not mention anything about the new EM web page any idea I thought David was trying for last weekend sorry just in a hurry to get my new order in:oops:

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
@ Di

Thanks Di you are a star as usual the info you gave me will help a lot:thumbs: and about the sharp things I thought Red Heads are not scared of anything especially when they're from Down Under. :D

I am a true Redhead, I am scared of not too much, 'cept maybe mouseys, oh, and snakes, oh, yes, and spiders, oh and leave us not forget lightning, and loud noises, oh, crap, I guess I am a scaredy cat, !!! hahahahaha

I am not scared of sharp things, thats the problem,
I am not very good with tools,
I am not used to handling them,

and so due to inexperience,
I tend to be a bit of a clutz, and I end up injuring myself.

PS. you did not mention anything about the new EM web page any idea I thought David was trying for last weekend sorry just in a hurry to get my new order in:oops:

yes, there are still several problems as I understand it,
oh, my, we just have to be patient.
:(

dskarpus

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2009
Manhattan Upper West Side
a_mouse_where.gif
ReallyScarySpider.jpg
OurHoneymoon119.jpg
dead.jpg

WEBSITE NOW

Last edited:

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
This one from a new member - slumgunner --

510 cartos

hi di i have read that people are having problems taking off the endcaps on the 510 cartos and have to use knifes or sissors,
i have found that they come off realy easy if you heat the end first with a lighter and they come right off,
but u have to take the sticker off first lol.

hope u can share this sorry i cant post

MJR

Apr 20, 2010
ROMANIA
This one from a new member - slumgunner --

510 cartos

hi di i have read that people are having problems taking off the endcaps on the 510 cartos and have to use knifes or sissors,
i have found that they come off realy easy if you heat the end first with a lighter and they come right off,
but u have to take the sticker off first lol.

hope u can share this sorry i cant post

I think that you can heat it with a hair-dryer, without tacking off the sticker
I did not try this yet, but today I will try and see what's happening
:)

sorry for my bad english

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
I tried placing ~1.5 cm of the carto end inside boiled water for about 20 seconds (3 times) and didn't work. Then I tried using two very big tweezers and it worked! Of course carto was destroyed after this but I won! :D:D:D

Waiting for my next carto to start acting lazy to try other ways.

hahahhaha --

go gettem jumi,

dont let that lil bugger beat you ---------

try heating the end with a cig lighter, to loosen glue -
then use a pair of needle nose tweezers to pry the end out..................
or a sewing machine needle --

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
yes id like to know what dummy decided to glue shut the caps on the BLANK 510 cartomizers:mad::blink::glare:.

i have been using small pliers to crimp around the end to crack the glue then it usually will come off once loosened but then you sometimes end up with glue peaces in your cartomizer. im trying to find a simpler solution to this. will post it soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread