Tips and Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
I just took the spring out and stretched it a bit, put 2 shiny pennies in the bottom and replaced the spring, centering it with my long tweezers. I can now use 2 - 3.2v LiFePO4 16340 1000mah batts at 6.4v. Shorter bursts on EM brand HV 901, HV 801 and HV 510 atties.

hahahahaha-- now that is really putting your 2cents worth in !!!!!!!! -- hahahahah
:2c:

i think I read somewhere that someone else put a washer into the bottom to build up the gap a bit too --- hahahaha

Please be careful ----

the holes are in the bottom of the battery section for safety measure and should not be blocked --

in case of battery failure, the battery will vent down thru these holes.

Last edited:

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Regarding the LR 510 attys:

I've been using the "rinse and dry-burn" method for cleaning them, and I must say they hold up far better then the stock Joye 510 attys I've used in the past. I dry-burn these puppies on a 2AA box mod (14500 battery), and I haven't lost one yet... no matter how long I kept the coil red hot.

As a side-note, I tried the blue Crest Pro Health rinse on some 510 cartomizers and didn't like it at all. The minty after-taste stayed in the carto even after several refills. It might be ok for attys, but for cartos I think hot water or PGA is still the best way to rinse.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I just took the spring out and stretched it a bit, put 2 shiny pennies in the bottom and replaced the spring, centering it with my long tweezers. I can now use 2 - 3.2v LiFePO4 16340 1000mah batts at 6.4v. Shorter bursts on EM brand HV 901, HV 801 and HV 510 atties.

Sanfordf,

Be careful using those pennys sanford, if they happen to move and you short those two stacked batteries your using they could discharge or vent on you. The spring thing I speak of is only to help Eastmall customers not hurt anyone especially when stacking batteries, try this one I speak of if you get a chance to, it works extremely well and you will be able to run almost any manufacturers Batts including the exceptional ones Eastmall makes, in fact the Eastmall 16340 runs great like this.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Regarding the LR 510 attys:

I've been using the "rinse and dry-burn" method for cleaning them, and I must say they hold up far better then the stock Joye 510 attys I've used in the past. I dry-burn these puppies on a 2AA box mod (14500 battery), and I haven't lost one yet... no matter how long I kept the coil red hot.

As a side-note, I tried the blue Crest Pro Health rinse on some 510 cartomizers and didn't like it at all. The minty after-taste stayed in the carto even after several refills. It might be ok for attys, but for cartos I think hot water or PGA is still the best way to rinse.

yes, I do the rinse, blow out and dry burn for attys

I have never cleaned a cartomizer,

I use them and refill them about 10 times,

then consider them near to death, and I chuck 'em -------

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Sanfordf,

Be careful using those pennys sanford, if they happen to move and you short those two stacked batteries your using they could discharge or vent on you. The spring thing I speak of is only to help Eastmall customers not hurt anyone especially when stacking batteries, try this one I speak of if you get a chance to, it works extremely well and you will be able to run almost any manufacturers Batts including the exceptional ones Eastmall makes, in fact the Eastmall 16340 runs great like this.

thanks matt

everyone must always be aware of safety when using any battery

but especially when using 2 (stacked) battery options,

please be careful guys,

and always use protected batteries,

there is a reason for the protection ------

and a reason for the vent holes,

do not block these holes.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Nice Trick from Wael ---- Rid The Flowery taste Juice

Di Check this out!

when i brought the Dekang tobacco flavors for my father
he really could not stand how strong the perfume taste was on some of them ,
so he did a trick and it worked!

he took the bottles covers completely out , the bottles were fully open ,
and left it like that over night , he thought that the perfume thing will fly out
as it could be alcoholy stuff , and guess what , it worked

he couldn't stand a puff from the RY4, now he vapes it and enjoy!

mabey someone else can try it and tell us if it works with him too!

= = = = = = = = = = = == = == = = = = = == == = = = = = = = = = = =
And From Di -----

Yes, wael,

I did it with a brand new bottle of RY4

I opened it and vaped it last night --

then I left it open, with no caps or dripper tip,

and this morning --

wow, yes, the taste is different for sure,

that sweet, flowery taste is gone,

it is different for sure,

I dont know what this is doing,

maybe it is something in the PG that is evaporating out ----

but it is deffinately a more defined taste,--
that sweet taste is gone and now I have a nice mellow RY4 taste.

I do like this,

I will try it with my Camel, Marlboro and Tobacco flavours as well.

BY THE WAY --

get some Cigar for your father to try--

I loooooooooooove this cigar

and he can add a bit to other flavors to harden them up a bit.

BartS

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
/\/¯¯¯¯\/\/ South Africa
Di,

I once read one of your posts about removing some of the filler out of a cartomizer, and it then giving a better TH. :confused: I searched for it, and could not find it. :mad: Can you enlighten us again with that info. :D

What made me remember your post is that I am using two 510 cartomizers at the moment. The TH on one is just much better than the other one. I had a look inside, and the one has much more filler in than the other one. :?:

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Di,

I once read one of your posts about removing some of the filler out of a cartomizer, and it then giving a better TH. :confused: I searched for it, and could not find it. :mad: Can you enlighten us again with that info. :D

What made me remember your post is that I am using two 510 cartomizers at the moment. The TH on one is just much better than the other one. I had a look inside, and the one has much more filler in than the other one. :?:

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Yes,

with cartoz and cartridges

sometimes I find the wool inside is packed pretty tight in there

cartridges -----
I pull the wool out and cut a bit off down the side length and fluff it up a bit and put it back -- it draws easier and fills more and I like it better--

cartoz -
I tease a bit of the filler out with needle nose tweezers, then spread the rest around in there --
seems to help a bit with the draw and th ..............

with cartoz tho -- be careful - do not damage the wire thread in there --

x3x

ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2009
california
This is the method I use for my attys also-----

icon1.gif
this from HighPing -------

My Atty Resurrection Method

This is the only method I use, and I have attys that are 4-5 months old and still going strong. One in particular, I have vaped well over 300ml through and it hits like the day (after) I got it

1. Blow out any excess juice.
2. Rinse with hot water and blow out thoroughly. (no need to dry over night, or anything. They have a built in dryer ;-))
3. Connect to battery...preferably something higher voltage than stock. I use my variable voltage power supply that's connected to a PS passthrough and set it to about 5.2V for a 510 (6.5ish for an 801), but if all you have is stock, then that will work too.
4. Push button until you see orange hot...carefully...not super bright (white hot).
5. Let off button and blow down the barrel (from a distance, not with your mouth actually on it), this kind of flash cools it and also gets some of the moist air out to speed the drying process.
6. Repeat (steps 4 and 5) 5-10 times... you will see that gradually (once you've got it dry) the glow will occur much quicker.
7. Once you have it to this point, press and release the button at a rate that just holds the orange glow (kind of a manual 'pulse width modulate'). Keep this glow going for 20-30 seconds, being very careful to maintain the glow at low orange (not bright red/white) or you'll pop it.
8. Once you have done that, repeat steps 2-7 one more time.

At this point you will have an atty that performs like (or better than) brand new. I have used this technique with 510, 801, 901, 401, and 4081 attys and it always works for me. I like this method because it is quick and simple. No need for any cleaners or overnight soaking. Takes 2-3 minutes and you're back in business.

** You do have to use some caution, as you can pop an atty pretty easily until you have the method down. I haven't popped one in quite some time though.

**Also, no need to remove the wick (that's in there for a reason), as you are baking all the gunk out when you do this. This is the reason for the second rinse in the middle of the process. You basically turn the gunk to ash with the sustained orange glow, then rinse the ash out.

If anyone tries this, give some feedback and let me know if you find any ways to perfect this method. Seems to work great, but there are always ways to improve ;-)

Edit: (some tips on the "rinse, dry and burn" stages of the process)

**Tips on the 'rinse' stage (step 2)
Step 2 is meant to get as much juice out of the atty as possible. The more juice you can get out with the water rinse, the faster you will get the atty dry in steps 4&5. (The water will evaporate off much quicker than juice.)
- Rinse by just running hot water from the tap first. Then once you have it somewhat clean, fill the atty barrel with water then (before all the water runs out), put it in your lips and blow the water through really hard. This will give all the nickel foam that's in the atty a kind of "power wash" and get most of any remaining juice out.

**Tips on the 'dry' stage (steps 4 & 5):
Steps 4 and 5 are meant to get the atty 'bone dry', before you move on to step 6 and the button pulsing.
-The more water you can blow out before connecting to the batt, the better. Blow through the atty really hard from both ends (not at the same time:rolleyes:)
- You can also blow gently down the barrel (from a distance), while holding the button in step 4 to speed the drying process. This will clear the hot moist air out of the atty and allow for a quicker drying time. The key in these steps is to get the atty dried out.

Tips on the 'Burn' stage (step 7)
The whole key to not popping the atty is keeping a good visual on the coil, and watching the hottest part while pulsing the button. I have had a few attys that will get bright hot on one end of the coil and nothing on the other end of the coil. The way to make this method the most effective is to maintain that orange glow at the hottest end while pulsing the button. If you keep it up long enough you will see the glow slowly migrate across the coil. When you are all done the entire coil should glow when the button is pressed.
Once you are past the drying step, you should not hold the button for more than one second. It should really be much shorter than that. More like a button pulse of 2-3 times a second.

would be awesome if u can make a video :)

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Nevermind! Selena answered this on another thread. Thanks, Selena!

Is there a benefit to removing the wick? Or why else would one want to do that? I know someone knowledgable will fill me in.. :)

I had the same question

hahahahahahhahahaaa

some say it helps

others says not --

a really difinitive result -- hahahahahaha
:blink:

shadowin

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
Malaysia
Yeah better dont do it if your atty is working fine. But it does get rid of the burning taste. Maybe i was unlucky to remove the vapor as well. Now i am waiting for my LR atties to arrive. Btw, i am using the joye 510 atties now from the 510 kit. I noticed the vapor is alot less compared to the Riva 510 atties. Vapor also is not as warm as the Riva's and not much TH. Tried 6 atties from 3 kits so far (I ordered the 6 kits special). I even put on the atties on my Riva to be sure and it is with the same result. Is the joye 510 atties supposed to be like this? I think i am gonna stick with the Riva or LR atties.

Ps. I am not trying to defame EM or anything. Just want to be sure whether it's supposed to be like this. Maybe i am spoiled by the LR atties. I also notice the stock Riva 510 atties gives as much vapor and TH as the LR510 atty. Already ordered myself somemore stock Riva atties together with a bunch of LRs.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Yeah better dont do it if your atty is working fine. But it does get rid of the burning taste. Maybe i was unlucky to remove the vapor as well. Now i am waiting for my LR atties to arrive. Btw, i am using the joye 510 atties now from the 510 kit. I noticed the vapor is alot less compared to the Riva 510 atties. Vapor also is not as warm as the Riva's and not much TH. Tried 6 atties from 3 kits so far (I ordered the 6 kits special). I even put on the atties on my Riva to be sure and it is with the same result. Is the joye 510 atties supposed to be like this? I think i am gonna stick with the Riva or LR atties.

Ps. I am not trying to defame EM or anything. Just want to be sure whether it's supposed to be like this. Maybe i am spoiled by the LR atties. I also notice the stock Riva 510 atties gives as much vapor and TH as the LR510 atty. Already ordered myself somemore stock Riva atties together with a bunch of LRs.

different attys by different makers will have slightly different performance- this is normal.

the Riva attys are made for Riva and are slightly different from the Joye 510 attys.

when you find your bliss - you stick with it -

I adore the 801 regular atty the LR510 EM atty and the 901 LR atty

I have not tried the LR801 yet, but I am sure I will love it too. Di -----

shadowin

ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
Malaysia
yes, you have selected the choices I would have - and indeed, have made -----

you will have a ball --- hahahahaha Di ----

Yes, i listened to your advice and got those LR801 and LR901. I am sure they will be great together with the LR510. I also ordered another set of Riva. Really love the Riva. Was planning to order Indulgence but cant wait for the restock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread