Tired of people defending the protank ll

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarmafia

Sep 12, 2013
Lucknow, India
Both are dual coils , the S version is just the newest version.

I had never rebuild the coil on a Iclear, and I don't even know if it can be done ( easily )

yep,,,its technically impossible to rebuild the iclear 30s coil,,its covered by a metallic layer..extremely difficult with iclear 30(if it can be done at all)

I just spent a couple of hours recoiling kanger tanks. I would not do that if I did not think they gave the best options. Good vape, good taste and very economical for what vaping I do. I fail to see any problem. I find Kanger to be the very best option on the market todate.
Please contact me for any issues I could help with.

adrkaushal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
India
Anyone who can rebuild coil on a T3, can rebuild coil on almost anything. T3 is a pain in the rear, just built one yesterday. Haven't touched my T3 clearos in a long time, just needed to use one since I didn't want to empty my Protank or the Fogger. Since I haven't rebuild coil on a T3 since last few months, it was a pain to make the coil. Oh, this time I used a .30 kanthal with about 7 wraps and ekowool as the wick. Shat my pants to fit that 1.5mm ekowool in that tight coil .. pheeeww!

Red Horn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2014
High Desert, CA
To the OP.. user error. For a cheap tank its fine.. bore the air holes..put some cotton in it and vape away. I've went down to .5 ohms. No gurgling and no leaking. For a 15 tank don't whine ...... If you want quality than by high end.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Which IYO would be?

Steelgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Houston, Tx
Maybe I'm just lucky but I have a PT2, a PT3, and 3 mini PT2's and have no issues with any of them. No gurgle, no leak (occasional TINY bit of liquid just on the connector of the Provari). Coils have been lasting 1-2 weeks just with removing and soaking after every couple fills and I use them till the liquid is gone- no topping off... am I in the minority having a positive experience here?

I'm a heavy vaper and I rarely have issues. Use the mini 2 on a vision spinner and use PT2 on my Provaris.

guitarmafia

Sep 12, 2013
Lucknow, India
just check out the pics of the iclear 30s coils and u ll see what I mean..u wont be able to even see the actual coils until u destroy the whole coil section...at least that's what I think..but who knows what ppl are capable of,,there are magicians everywhere,,lol
btw kudos on rebuilding those iclear 16 coils...it looked pretty difficult to me..

guitarmafia

Sep 12, 2013
Lucknow, India
I dunno about iclear 30s but I just rebuilt two iclear 16s yesterday. I just got through my 5 initiation posts and I'm about to start a thread on it if anybody is interested since I haven't found anybody else post about a successful iclear 16 rebuild. Needless to say, I'm pretty proud of myself.

just check out the pics of the iclear 30s coils and u ll see what I mean..u wont be able to even see the actual coils until u destroy the whole coil section...at least that's what I think..but who knows what ppl are capable of,,there are magicians everywhere,,lol
btw kudos on rebuilding those iclear 16 coils...it looked pretty difficult to me..

adrkaushal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
India
Built a new coil on my Protank 2 today but for some reason, the draw was too tight. Tried fiddling with the wicks and the center screw but nothing worked. Had to remove the top flavor wick because it was too thick. Instead, used a fewer strands but then was a bit worried about it leaking. So made a nice nest around the catch-cup:

So far, so good. No flooding/leaking and the draw isn't tight anymore. Just the way I like it :thumb:

sean5340

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
South Louisiana
Maybe I'm just lucky but I have a PT2, a PT3, and 3 mini PT2's and have no issues with any of them. No gurgle, no leak (occasional TINY bit of liquid just on the connector of the Provari). Coils have been lasting 1-2 weeks just with removing and soaking after every couple fills and I use them till the liquid is gone- no topping off... am I in the minority having a positive experience here?

Maybe we are the minority. I get about 3 weeks on an atty with no cleaning or soaking. I brag about it not getting juice in my mouth.
I use mini 2 and Unitank. No issues with either. Replacement atty's are about $7.50 for 5. DIY juice though. Might make a difference.

adrkaushal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2012
India
Alright, figured what I was doing wrong. Since I built a new coil/wick, I pushed the center pin a bit too hard. Used a plier to pull the center pin out a little ... lots and lots of air now! No more issues with the PT2.

If anyone feels the draw is too tight, unscrew the firing chamber and pull the center pin out a little. Try it, you're gonna love it :thumb:

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Since you can put a mini Protank base on a full-sized Protank, I would expect that you can put an Aerotank base on a mini Protank as well, but I think it might look a little strange. ;)

My miniprotank base fits on my protank, and there's more than enough room for the coil -- too much -- so I add an extra inverted silicone cap on top the coil to seal it.
The other way around DOES NOT FIT: the protank base can screw onto to miniprotank, but the space is too short to hold the coil.

HumbleTex

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Texas
I'm not here to knock Protank's. I'd been using them quite happily for 3-4 months until recently. No real issues with them at all and I found that I liked them much better than the iClear30's I had been using. The juices I use picked up a distinct plastic taste from iClears that I didn't appreciate or really recognize before I used something with glass tank.

I will say though that after trying out an IBTanked and a Taifun GT that I have some Protanks (1, 2 and 3) and iClear30's that will never again see the light of day or a drop of juice. The vapor and taste from the IBTanked and Taifun are so totally different from what I was getting from the Protank's it was like I was vaping a different juice. Absolutely no comparison.

If you're happy with Protank's, like I was, then great. I found them reliable, never had an issue with any of them leaking or gurgling and I pretty consistently got 2 weeks or so out of a coil. They're pretty much a no fuss BCC. Do yourself a favor though .. do not try a quality carto tank or an RBA if you're content with them because you won't be afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread