Titanium pen style

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunny

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
I really like that style/color.:thumbs:

Still prefer the njoy style a little better than Janty though.

Doesn't really matter though... already spent too much too soon on this stuff for now.

What I like though is it would appear that it is much more resistant to chips and scratches, unlike my black ones.

I think it would be GREAT if other mfg's started offering this style/color.

BTW marker for post 100:thumb:

Gunny

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Was hoping it was like polished stainless steel or aluminum. Some basically unpainted surface.

Even like (I think they call it) a brushed or unfinished surface kind of like some nice ink pens.

Stainless-Steel.jpg

Last edited:

MNZ

NZ Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2008
Wellington, New Zealand
Gunny,

Actually the paint on the white models isn't that hard to get off, it's more like a plastic film layer than a paint. I've taken it off one of my older DSE901's and even got a bit creative with a burnishing head in a dremel, swirls and alsorts on it now, I think it looks very cool, others will probably disagree of course.

I like the metal look, it's a man thing I guess, I'd even like to blue one sometime as well, now that would look cool ... If your ex military as I suspect you are given your nick, you know what I mean about blueing ?

jigtg

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2008
Sparta, Greece
So long as this thread has resurfaced, if anyone else is looking for a "titanium" penstyle, Jane has them at ELECTRONIC CIGARETTES. for only $50. And she's talking about getting a titanium 901 mini, too. :p
That doesn't look like titanium to me. You can wipe off the paint with paper wet in acetone. It tends to stink so wouldn't do that inside house. It evaporates rather fast so it shouldn't leave anything behind. Result should be stainless steel surface in nearly all cases. DSE801 had a hint of copper at atomizer-battery joint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread