To build or not to build.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmillin

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2014
plus.google.com
Ok gang feedback wanted lol I am still fairly new to vaping (6 weeks now) but went from an ego set up to a mvp2 using clearomizers. Last week I pick up a X1 rda and the difference was incredible.
Now my question is as a rookie is it better until I get the hang of wrapping my own coils, would it be better to order the 50 pk of pre made coils w\wicks from fastech for under $3? They offer them in various resistances and either 1 or 4 wicks. The X1 I got has 4 wicks currently so would probably order that style if any. Thoughts on the matter?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
completely up to you. I was rebuilding protank heads 3 weeks into vaping and rebuilding RDAs at 5 weeks. I did alot of homework before I dove in.

I am not familiar with the X1. If it is NR-R-NR setup then Id buy the prejoined NR-R-NR wires from fasttech and wrap my won coils with them as joining NR-R-NR although not difficult is a pain when 100 predone wires is like 3 bucks.

ECURiley

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2013
Greenville, NC, USA
i would never recomend buying premade coils, you dont know what the wire is actually made of and if it can hurt you, nor do you know the actual gage of the wire. You should look at amazon for A-1 kanthal wire, I recomend 28 to 32 gage wire, these are the most used wire for rebuilding and are easy to work with, A-1 kanthal is safe to use and will work well for you. You can get 100ft of it for about 5-8 dollars, which is better in the long run. Check out some videos on youtube (pbusardo, riptrippers, grimmgreen) these guys will help you out a ton. Plus you wont have to wait a month or more for the wire to come in. If you need any help with any of rebuilding send me a message and I would be glad to help. Vape Safe

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Yep - learn to twist 'em yourself. With a little (enjoyable) practice, you'll be making better ones than you can buy and have the control to build them to your vaping sweet spot.

Watch the gurus listed above on YouTube, go slow, learn your safety precautions and proper usage, and vape strong. Ten bucks says you'll be back on here in a week, giddy with the excitement of having built the perfect coil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread