To My Friend question

Status
Not open for further replies.

NandyDC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2009
San Juan, PR
Well I have no problem at all but because of lot of use and carrying on my pocket a lot with other items want to know the best way to clean it and if there is a way to get rid of the micro scratches without damage to the logo, serial and the lovely TMF. It has been a horse of work since day one.

Ipad2 camera sucks but here is a pic.

42320fe2-bb79-3401.jpg

Last edited:

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
Well I have no problem at all but because of lot of use and carrying on my pocket a lot with other items want to know the best way to clean it and if there is a way to get rid of the micro scratches without damage to the logo, serial and the lovely TMF. It has been a horse of work since day one.

Ipad2 camera sucks but here is a pic.

42320fe2-bb79-3401.jpg

Like I posted in another thread, I use 4/0 steel wool and Sharkhide polish. Any polishing you do on the serial numbers, logo, and TMF will only make it shallower. There's no way to unring a bell......

Hard to really tell in a flash pic, but here's one that had micro scratches from daily use, but steps were taken to protect the logo and numbers when it was new so when it came time to polish the rest of it those areas were still pristine. Polishing brought the rest of the GGTS back to match the logo area

gg.jpg

Psychomaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2011
USA
Protect the TMF, logo, and # (cover with clear tape).....4/0 steel wool with light pressure and then polish....will shine like a new penny

So...cover it when polishing? Or leave the engravings covered by tape at ALL times, to prevent tarnish from appearing? I really don't want to lose my engravings!

zuTma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2010
Croatia, Zagreb
I've been considering taking my brass GGSlim, that is my main vape, to the jewelers and seeing if they can re-engrave the logo. It's just barely there now.
That is ok and worth a try, but I know what it is:facepalm:and it's my first GG so wouldn't sell it...:D...gonna keep mine as it is...

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
Two more pics this time with the galaxy tab, sorry no better cam at this moment. I feel better now with your response so thanks.
Stormy I hope you enjoyed your stay here on the island. I know what you say about the sea air, where I live I dont have this problem.

42320fe2-d26b-06d6.jpg

42320fe2-d28e-d389.jpg

Sent from my GT-P1000N using Tapatalk

I loved it there. It was hot though.

Attachments

• 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 32

T-Hefner

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2010
NJ, USA
I have a question about the GGTS To My Friend edition. What is the best method to clean or polish the TMF? The CapeCod works perfect on my others GGTS but not in the TMF version.

I am surprised it isnt cleaning up, I have used CapeCod on my TMF edition GGTS, with no issues, Make sure you buff off the residue left by the wet cloth....

-Tim

Psychomaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2011
USA
the issue is that maybe Nandy left it too much time unshined and now its more dificult to do the job.

I got the same problem. :( I ordered some Cape Cod Polishing Cloths, since the only thing we got within over 30 miles of my area is Never Dull, and I want to make sure to not ruin the engravings. I will just cover them with clear tape at all times like was suggested by Para.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread