Not open for further replies.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
It might be out of your price/interest area, but there's also top feed, the notcigs VVPV :) I've been using a carto tank for 5 months, like it a lot, but the extra capacity of a feeder does have me interested. After over 18 months vaping, it'll be time to try an atty.

Mr. White

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
IL
Old Goat mods has a couple choices. They have a thread. It's what I started with. I moved on to the REOs, and they do perform better, but for $25--it's great to have as a back up PV.

FWIW, I am first and foremost a REO user. My preferred setup is the REO Grand powering a Cisco HH357 atty. I also use Boge 2.0 cartos on occasion. These days I prefer them with the 4.8 volt green batts. I also have a Lava Tube and tank. It's a fine vape as well. It's in my regular rotation.

ncargrl

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2010
North Carolina
I am currently using egos with dual coils at work, but I commute a long distance, and for that I use an Old Goat 3.7 bottom feeder. If you're interested in the bottom feeders, I would suggest that you start with a relatively inexpensive one-that way if you don't like it, you won't be out a lot of dollars. :) I love my bottom feeder and am now looking to move up to either a Reo or a Grip.

Newtkeeper

Dec 22, 2011
Addison, TX
I use both. It depends on if I'm in the mood to use and atty, or a carto. Some flavors i think are better in a carto, and some I like the punch they have in an atty. Also depends on what I feel like carrying that day. if I want a tube-mod with a tank, ormy Reo Grand that's a feeder.

I've ordered a VVPV, I'm really looking forward to it.

Paislia

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2011
NY, USA
Just to give you a choice of low cost bottom feeders, maximum vapors has the "juicy lucy" for $35 and has 15% off right now. That one may get to you faster. Not sure how fast old goat is working right now, but when I had mine made, it took close to a month to get it. Both good low cost bottom feeders though.

Dad2daBone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Both have there time and place. It depends on how you use your PVs. I personally don't like being out and about with a tank. I'm paranoid that some thing will happen and my tank will get knocked off or slide up too much or whatever would cause a juice spill. So I leave the tanks at home and keep my worry free Reo with me when I'm out.

Calypso

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2010
Indiana
How does a bottomfeeder feed? It looks like it has a tube on it that goes into the airhole??

There is a tube that goes through the connector to the atty. By squezing the bottle it feeds juice to the atty. When you release the bottle the exces is drawn back into the bottle. There is typically a plastic tube from the bottle up to the connector which feeds into a SS or brass tube to the atty. Hope this helps.

I have made both and use both. I prefere to use my genisis tank mod.

CDnerds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2012
NJ
From a progression point of view I think tanks are better. Tanks don't require a brand new mod to work, and they do the same exact thing - feed the carto. I think its all personal preference but tanks just seem easier and more efficient. Im speaking of course of a good tank, some tanks suck. My J-tank is amazing, I have 3 of them. As for portability, I have to give it to the smaller bottom feeders. I never leave the house with a tank, just packup a small box or ego battery with a very very large ego carto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread