Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
OK, well thanks I could Google it myself but I am really looking for personal suggestions from tried and true Tobacco Flavor DIY'ers. Liquid Barn comes up for most searches I do for DIY Starter kits. I do not know if I can post a link to the page I do not want to break any rules.
You can post a link and nobody will mind. (only exception is if it's a filtered link by ECF). Danny that I tagged above is a tobacco expert, though he may not know liquid barn. Give the thread a day or so and see if someone who has worked with that brand can answer.

I dabble with diy tobacco, but only from Hangsen, and tfa. When I started my diy I was able to find more info on tfa so thats the brand I started with. Now I use about 4 or 5 different manufacturers. It's a learning process, and you'll get there.

You might want to consider looking at these places when you next make an order for flavors:
Bull City Vapor - Best Prices on DIY e-liquid Supplies (Capella, Flavour Art, Flavor West, Hangsen, Inawera, Flavor Apprentice, Lor Ann)
Wizard Labs (Capella, LorAnn, Seedman, Flavor Apprentice, )
DIY E-Liquid, Electronic Cigarettes and Wholesale Nicotine & E-Cig Juice | EcigExpress (Flavour Art, Flavor West, LorAnn, Flavors Express, Natures Flavors, Signature (TFA), Jungle Flavors, Hangsen, Tasty Puff, Inawera, Capella)

And bookmark "e-liquid-recipes" when you google the website. You might find some liquid barn recipes there or ingredients and usage. Search box is in the upper left.
ALSO

Le DIY pour les Nuls - Recettes DIY - Trucs et Astuces. translate is lower left, search upper right...its a CLONE recipe site

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
You can post a link and nobody will mind. (only exception is if it's a filtered link by ECF). Danny that I tagged above is a tobacco expert, though he may not know liquid barn. Give the thread a day or so and see if someone who has worked with that brand can answer.

I dabble with diy tobacco, but only from Hangsen, and tfa. When I started my diy I was able to find more info on tfa so thats the brand I started with. Now I use about 4 or 5 different manufacturers. It's a learning process, and you'll get there.

You might want to consider looking at these places when you next make an order for flavors:
Bull City Vapor - Best Prices on DIY e-liquid Supplies (Capella, Flavour Art, Flavor West, Hangsen, Inawera, Flavor Apprentice, Lor Ann)
Wizard Labs (Capella, LorAnn, Seedman, Flavor Apprentice, )
DIY E-Liquid, Electronic Cigarettes and Wholesale Nicotine & E-Cig Juice | EcigExpress (Flavour Art, Flavor West, LorAnn, Flavors Express, Natures Flavors, Signature (TFA), Jungle Flavors, Hangsen, Tasty Puff, Inawera, Capella)

And bookmark "e-liquid-recipes" when you google the website. You might find some liquid barn recipes there or ingredients and usage. Search box is in the upper left.
ALSO

Le DIY pour les Nuls - Recettes DIY - Trucs et Astuces. translate is lower left, search upper right...its a CLONE recipe site

I looked at most of the sites you posted links to but none I found gave me everything for the price I paid and I found a virtual coupon from some vape ladies for 20% off which saved the shipping. After i get my feet wet doing some DIY e-Liquids I might experiment with more flavors but honestly I almost ordered all Tobacco as I am not really a into flavors. But that might change in one run of my own shine!

syco26

Jan 11, 2016
I would make a small 5-10ml mix at 5% of each. Give them a steep then a taste. If too strong add some base mix to bring the concentration down. If too weak add 1% at a time. Will be a slow process letting the flavour steep.

Maybe check some other tobacco recipes to see the recomended percentages as it may give you an indication.

When I made my own tobacco concentrate I started at 5% and wasn't too bad at all. First batch was a little light on but the second was a little strong. Would have been due to the amount of tobacco I used to make my concentrates I would say.

Reactions: SteveS45

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Thanks for the suggestions they are most appreciated but I am looking to get first hand experience and not use recipes I can Google. I was thinking of starting with a 10 ML batch but have changed my mind already and going to start off with 30 ML's. The started kit has 1,400 Mls of liquids so not worried about a total waste. Thanks Again!

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Could try:
Liquid Barn Sweet Pipe Tobacco
In a mix (with additional flavors) 6%
Single flavor (no additional flavors) 10.0%

Tobacco
In a mix (with additional flavors) 4%
Single flavor (no additional flavors) 6%
Could adjust up or down depending on taste sensitivity etc..

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Thanks Bob! Have you used Liquid Barn Tobaccos yourself? I do not think I am going to be mixing flavors with the tobacco flavorings but I have not started DIY'ing yet. When I start mixing I will determine what direction the recipes will need to follow at that point. Bad enough the flavorings have some additional flavors already. :thumbs:

Reactions: BrotherBob

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Steve - It looks to me that what BrotherBob posted is the recommended % for each tobacco flavoring you bought. Isn't that what you were seeking? I see what each recommended % is if used alone as a single flavoring...and then what each recommended % is if it's used with another flavoring. Am I seeing it wrong?

Yes, I am looking for the percentages but from someone who actually uses tobacco themselves. Not recipes posted on the Internet. I want first hand opinions and I am not sure how well you know Brother Bob but I do feel he would be most qualified to answer the question I asked him. Thank you for input though it is appreciated! :thumbs:

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Still hoping to hear more experiences and observations. What about steeping do you or not?

images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread