Need percentage recommendations for TFA/TPA Menthol

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneR42

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2016
Every now and then I get a craving for a menthol/tobacco vape (I only vape tobaccos). Now is one of those times. That said, I added TFA/TPA Menthol to my most recent order, but not really sure of a good percentage as I've never used it.

So, if you've gone after that "menthol cigarette" feel, mind chiming in with a percentage for this particular flavour?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
All I know is that menthol can be extremely strong, and it’s a very cheap flavor so it often is.

You can always put more in but you can’t take it out again. Also flavor preferences change radically individual by individual. I would personally go by adding very small amounts and testing it repetitively. It becomes a question of what you in particular like, and that is a question only you can answer.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi Shane,
I suggest .25%-.5% to start.
Which tobacco are you using as your base?
If the tobacco mix needs to age for best flavor, you may want to mix two batches. One containing menthol from day one and the other with menthol added after the base has aged.
You may also want to consider adding a mint type flavor for a more rounded menthol and/or a cooling agent to enhance the mouthfeel.

HTH
I

@SP013 might have some insight.

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
With my first ever diy mix, I used TFA Menthol.....

at 10% ;)

it was a tad MINTY :lol:

I'm good at learning lessons the hard way :facepalm:
1fgwxj.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: AngeNZ

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Hi Shane,
I suggest .25%-.5% to start.
Which tobacco are you using as your base?
If the tobacco mix needs to age for best flavor, you may want to mix two batches. One containing menthol from day one and the other with menthol added after the base has aged.
You may also want to consider adding a mint type flavor for a more rounded menthol and/or a cooling agent to enhance the mouthfeel.

HTH
I

@SP013 might have some insight.
For me 2% standalone is the perfect menthol vape at 60 vg. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread