Not open for further replies.

Skyway

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2009
NC - USA
www.bsvoboda.com
In most cases with the tongue tingle I have noticed it to be the mixture of the ejuice you are using. I effectively only been able to use one vendors ejuice because I have not been able to find the correct mixture of vg/pg that is causing it. I do not want to be biased on who I do not use since it would be considered bashing by some but I buy Tonic from puresmoker pretty much exclusively now since most others just cause either capped lips or funny tongue feelings. I do not see this being a nic level as one of the guys here at work uses a very high dose of nic level with his system and it never caused those problems. I only use 1.6% which I guess would be considered 16mg. My friend uses 3.2% which I guess would be 32mg.
I have also noticed a higher wattage will cause the vapor to be a warm vape which could cause tongue feelings also. A higher wattage with a standard resistance atty can cause this, which some people really like.

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
If I understand Skyway correctly, he dislikes what he experiences as "tongue tingle" ... whereas you like it, medman.

What I would describe as tongue tingle, I get predominantly from menthol flavors: the greater the intensity of the menthol, the greater the tingle.

Now ... I'm not sure that the three of us are talking about the same subjective experience. Heck ... I don't know whether everyone means the same thing by throat hit. [To me, TH is "that rush you get when inhaling (centered on a tickle or pinched feeling in the back of the throat). Similar to the first drag of an analog after an hour’s deprivation."]

Skyway

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2009
NC - USA
www.bsvoboda.com
That is a very good point DonDaBoom. Terms do mean other things to other people. I would consider what you mean by TH is the head rush (what I always called it) for me. What I consider TH for most of the people I have talked too and what I have found with higher nic juices is the strong sense on the back of the throat when taking a large hit that makes me cough, lol.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Do you mean by "tongue tingling" as the same feeling you get maybe 30mins after you burn your tongue taking a sip of a hot drink? I am not talking about your tongue actually feeling burnt, but the after-sensation of it happening. (guess it was harder to explain than I thought )

Anyway if that is what you mean, one possibility is that some of the juice maybe making contact with your tongue when you vape. I know this happens to me when I over drip or suck too hard with a carto.. and with some juices my tongue tingles a bit afterwards. This is just a guess, but still a possibility

LGD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread