Tons of symptoms. What is my next step?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssteaco

Mar 4, 2016
Hi all. I'm new to the forum and new to vaping. Started about a week ago. I've been doing everything I can to quit smoking analogs. I smoked an average of about 25 cigarettes a day. I made it three days cold turkey and six days on the patch, but just couldn't seem to stay quit. I have an aunt who's been vaping for a year and she took me to the local vape shop last week and bought me a nice setup.
I started on a 50/50 PG/VG blend with a nicotine strength of 16. Within the first couple of days it began causing me to have headaches and nausea, so my first assumption was a PG intolerance. They only had one straight VG blend at the shop; watermelon. I've been smoking RY4 and thoroughly enjoying it so I did not want to switch. Instead they made me a custom mixture of 80% VG with a little distilled water added. Less than 20% PG. I was also lowered to a 12 nic. I seemed to do better for a day or two, but soon I developed a sore on the tip of my tongue that seems like a burn, and as of last night my lungs have been in a moderate amount of pain. Enough to alarm me. I went six days without smoking anything while I was trying to quit and I did experience some chest pains, but these pains are different. I also woke up with a sinus headache.
A couple of years ago I tried a Vuse e-cigarette, and within about eight hours I had developed chest pains, so I quit that Vuse and went back to analogs. Does anyone know what the PG/VG mixture is in the Vuses?
It seems like my only option might be to try the watermelon flavored 100% VG blend, but I'm wary. I have an intense fear of pneumonia. I've had it four times in my life. I'm 30 now. The first time I had pneumonia was when I was a child and had never even touched a cigarette. I think I'm very susceptible to it. I like the idea of the PG being an antiseptic and I'm worried that straight VG will only hurt me.
Another thing. I read somewhere that Tamiflu contained a lot of PG? If that's the case, I better stay away from the PG as I'm allergic to Tamiflu.
I'm just scared, and frustrated! My lungs feel like they're about to collapse. They hurt from the bottom of my ribs up to near my shoulders. Switched back to analogs this morning, and I'm really not happy with myself at all.
What would you guys do? Any advice? Speculation? Should I put the vaporizer down for good? Any help would be much appreciated.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
1.6 ohms turned all the way down to 2.8 volts which equals 5 watts. I went and bought that 100% VG juice and it's still causing me chest pains.

5 watts is quite safe;

Maybe you should try to vape unflavored for a while.

I don't think you mentioned what your hardware setup is, although you did mention a vuse at one point?

Are you using an evod type setup with ego batteries? or maybe a ce4 setup? twist/spinner?

And are you vaping more than 5 milliliters per day?

ssteaco

Mar 4, 2016
I use an Eleaf Istick 30 watt on the lowest setting and an aspire K1 tank with aspire coils. I'm still unfamiliar with all the different equipment and terminology. And I have yet to measure my consumption, but I'm guessing I vape around 2 milliliters a day.

I have decided I'm through vaping. I have hit roadblocks at every turn. Maybe there's a reason. I don't think my body likes vaping at all. I'm returning my equipment for a refund.
Thanks everyone for trying.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread