Too many new/ignorant vapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

_MaNiAC_

Verified Member
Mar 20, 2014
Ohio
but the 35 amp is not the safe rated draw on the battery it the max current the battery can deliver
safely without damaging itself over said period of time.a very short period of time.enough to charge
up the capacitors or bring a electric drill up to speed on turn on.at 35 amps a 2500 mah battery would only last 4 1/2 minutes.
that cant be good for the battery.what am i missing here?
regards
mike
adenium.after doing some research the 35 amp rating is the safe max pulse rating.
it is not the safe continuous current rating of the battery which is roughly 2/3
of the pulse rating depending on the battery.the pulse rating should have the pulse duration listed with it
or the figure is useless.the ones i found on ali-baba listed them at 2500mah,35 amp,
30 amp draw which is misleading and dangerous.

Can the 2/3 of max rating for safe continuous current be assumed on different types of batteries or was this for this one specifically??

I think I might go back and comment on that guy's facebook video and ask him about battery safety. maybe *maybe* he's not as dumb as I think he is

_MaNiAC_

Verified Member
Mar 20, 2014
Ohio
... My truck doesnt red line on the tach intil 5500 rpms. That being the case im not going to mash around with it pinned at 5500. Too many new ppl and kids wanting to be cool are pushing the limits for no other reason that its to to sub ohm or its cool to blow a big cloud..... We have some really solid educated role models out there. I just wish more people were takibg advantage of the opportunity, and the wealth of free information available to us. But I guess for some its more important to jump in and be cool, not giving a crap...

Thanks for the RPM analogy. I'm going to use that one!

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm
The whole thing is greek to me... I have been vaping 5+ years and this new cloud chasing thing seems pretty new to me... I went to my local B+M and it seems that EVERYONE is doing it --- I tried it and wow! It was awesome... now I want to get my feet wet... but I am kind of scared of blowing my face up... so this summer, I plan to learn... learn from experienced users... hands on instruction at the B+M.

There are so many new vapers getting into the game with mech mods and low ohm coils. Many don't understand the risks.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
If you use good, name brand batteries from known good vendors that do not sell counterfeit batteries, the battery is probably the least of your worry. Check this out: ECF Sub-Ohm Advisory.

I once got a lungful of really burnt hit from a AGA-T with SS wick at 25 watts that took my breath away. It actually hurt. I'm really careful now to watch out for the first hint of a dry wick and fix it immediately before continuing. Burnt juice has got to be bad for you and if you burn juice at 8 watts it's not as burnt as it is at 25 watts.

Vape on and vape safe :thumb:

StrappedKaos

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Raleigh,NC
Trust me I agree about battery saftey...
But in terms of rpm's what you guys are talking about is a stock motor (10amp battery) you can build a forged block with sleeves that is rated for higher rpm's (sony vtc's). Dont get me wrong lowest I go is .6 but thats for around 4 second bursts, I know it affects cycle life but the battery spec. Is 60 amp for 10 seconds or so, I am still well within the limitations of my battery. I dont push my battery to the 100amp max for .5 secs. Because I enjoy cycle and overall life of said battery. Also keep in mind that try as they may on many videos they short these Sony's and it only vents a low amount of times and never blown up that I have seen, 99% of the fire and explosive batteries you hear about are less safe egos on charge. Is it possible to vent a sony high amp? I would imagine, anything is possible. Would I risk it? Nope.
Just know we need to compare apples to apples when talking batteries in general, saftey is key and math does not lie. They make us look bad for many reasons but exploding batteries from other than egos the do not. I think the same people that cloud chase can be found telling everyone to "boil it" which is far more upsetting in my eyes lol. That and posting videos of cloud chasing in public places like Wal-Mart toy aisle and when asked why they say "because its not smoke" or "they cant tell me not to as I know the law".
Its a shame that common sense is not that common anymore! But we are humans and part of our genetic male up is I cant do it bigger and better than you, just comes with the territory.
Stay safe with what your knowledge is on a given subject and then study more to verify you are not going to be a statistical number. I vape with the mentality of anything I do is held on your guys head just as much as mine, I take responsibility for my actions and dont want to effect your ability to vape and not smoke.

StrappedKaos

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Raleigh,NC
Sub Ohm
^ this has the info on the VTC4's and other high amp. discharge batteries and can give you a better understanding of how the Sony's are meant to be used under a safe window. again I would not advise anyone test the 150 amp .5 second pulse on them thou...
Very good read B1shop, Anyone using a rechargeable battery should take a look at that in general to help them understand there choices.

StrappedKaos

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Raleigh,NC
Also something to pay attention to is the stress put on the battery when pulling 30amps or more... The graphs show it compared to the 15amp pulls and it is such a change... although the battery can pull a max of anything the efficiency of it delivering that power is horrible as the graphs show. Spikes everywhere which in my mind relates to the overall life cycle of the battery. I dont want to buy a batt. every month so I don't stress mine so much.

KurrptSenate

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
PA
I can't say I've ever been overly frustrated with stupid people doing stupid things as long as they don't affect anyone else. It's probably for the good of the species.

That being said, doing your civic duty to try to inform someone of battery safety is good. If they choose to not do the necessary reading, well, it's on them then

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
actually yes, after my frustration I did go and post links to CASAA's CTA on my personal page and every group I belong to!!! :)

That's good. How about adding the CASAA banner to your ECF posts for new members to learn what's at stake?? It seems like only a few people in this thread have any idea that vaping as we know it will be dead in 2 years unless we organize and act quickly.

CKCalmer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2014
My mancave
/i don't know how to add a banner.
can u help pls?
Mine's not an image/banner, just a line of text with the important bits in bold. To get a banner, you'll be pasting the code for the banner into the signature box described below. Hopefully someone else here can help you with some banner code shortly.

To get a signature like mine, simply look in the upper right of your forum screen and click on "Settings", then on the next screen look to the left side and click "Edit Signature". Then cut and paste the following line into the box, then click "Save Signature"...

Fight for your right to vape! Join CASAA today!

------------
Edit: Well, dang it! How do you get part of a post to NOT resolve BB code? It's not going to be as effective without a working link.

OK, we can do it like this. Copy and paste the following line into the signature box, then replace every parenthesis, "(" or ")", with the matching square bracket, "[" or "]", then click "Save Signature".

Fight for your right to vape! (URL="http://casaa.org/Become_a_Member.html")(B)Join CASAA(/B)(/URL) today!

Last edited:

novamatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2010
Washington, DC area
What kills me is hearing about some kid barely old enough to legally buy the gear, going in and getting a mech and rda as their first setup. That one gives nightmares every time.

Yeah. I couldn't even convince this jack*** that he should be testing his dual coil setup and know what resistance it is before he fires it on a nemesis, because he has a VTC4 and he "BELIVES" it's safe no matter what he does. And the guy who jumped in and told him it wasn't a big deal and mechs are perfectly safe didn't help much.

Sigh.

Danolink

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2014
Lincoln NE.
Randy I have a quick question. After understanding Ohm meters, having the right batteries (with 30-35 amps of course), and using a mech mod, woud stillare be alright to use onto this thing? Again, no worries as I do not plan to go 0.8 or less. I typically always wrap with my everyday use 3" screw driver 8 loops ending always in 1.1 in readings.

Batteries: Efest 2500mah 35 amps 3.7V
Mod Mech: Panzer w/ copper connectors
Vape mod: Stillare
28 Gauge Kanthal Wire
Ohms reads: 1.1
Icey, I find this chart very Helpful,Hope you do also. http://www.utahvapers.com/resources/SubOhmChart.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread