Took the plunge....I hope I made the right decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

k_a_r_i

Oct 1, 2010
St. Louis, MO
I bought my first e-cig Friday. Just a cheap njoy NPro from 7-11. I'm not a fan of the taste of the prefill cartomizers that came with it, but I guess I'm getting used to it, since it doesn't taste quite like death two days later. Already the analogs don't taste as good as they used to either.

Even with the sub-par prefill juice, I've gone from 10-15 cigs a day down to 5. sooo.......I took the plunge.

I spent my entire cig budget for this month on startup supplies, refillable cartomizers, juice, etc. No going back now! Its do or die!

k_a_r_i

Oct 1, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Welcome to ECF!! i started the the same thing..then took the advice from the forum and got a joye 510 ego..10 times better than njoy.

I figured I'd spend the $20 and look at it as a "test" model to see if it was something I would like. I'll probably get a Joye510 next. So far the NJoy is performing better than I expected it to. In 48 hours I have only had to charge the battery once, and I'm still on the 1st cartomizer.

Drevly

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2010
Janesville, Wisconsin
I figured I'd spend the $20 and look at it as a "test" model to see if it was something I would like. I'll probably get a Joye510 next. So far the NJoy is performing better than I expected it to. In 48 hours I have only had to charge the battery once, and I'm still on the 1st cartomizer.
wow...$20 for an Npro kit? that's way cheap; especially from a 7-11. the normal price for an Npro starter kit is anywhere from $60-$80. was this on clearance or something?

JeffTM

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Chatsworth, CA
If you're anything like me, I think you'll find that vaping is not only a sufficient replacement for smoking, but a far more enjoyable one. Finding the right device and the right juices is key. The flavor of the juice can make the difference between a pleasurable vaping experience and one that makes you beg for an analog. I'd recommend going to a juice website and spending about 20 bucks on a few 5ml bottles of juices you think you might like. Good luck to you! I haven't picked up an analog in the month that I've been vaping. It's the best.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol

Honestly, I was not happy w/ my 510. Since you already have an RN4081, you'd be better off just upgrading the batts when the time comes w/ SmokeStik batts. They really are much better than other 4081 batts, and they are not activated by sound like the 510.

k_a_r_i

Oct 1, 2010
St. Louis, MO
wow...$20 for an Npro kit? that's way cheap; especially from a 7-11. the normal price for an Npro starter kit is anywhere from $60-$80. was this on clearance or something?

Its the mini/express kit. You only get 1 battery, 2 cartomizers, and a usb charger. then they try to sell you packs of 5 cartomizers for $20. HAHA I'm not that big of a sucker! lol

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
I got the same thing from 7-11 last night. I'm a pack a day Newport smoker and I've smoked 3 Cigs since I got the NPro.

My question for the OP is how are you using the Juice? I don't know how to refill mine. $20 for 5 carts is alot.

Pull the carto off the batt, put the cap on the batt end of the carto, use a tool like forseps or needle nose tweezers to pry off the mouthpiece through the hole, remove silicone rings(if any), tilt carto at a 45* angle and drip a couple drips into the filter, turn the carto a little and drip a couple drops turn etc.. untill the filler is "slushy on top. Put the mouthpiece cap back on, remove the cap from the threads and blow through the carto from the threaded end into a paper towel. You can also get soft cap refillable cartos from goodprophets.com and it will be a little easier. Also, you get 30ml free w/ your first order.

k_a_r_i

Oct 1, 2010
St. Louis, MO
I got the same thing from 7-11 last night. I'm a pack a day Newport smoker and I've smoked 3 Cigs since I got the NPro.

My question for the OP is how are you using the Juice? I don't know how to refill mine. $20 for 5 carts is alot.

I ordered a pack of refillable cartomizers (empty) from goodprophets. The cartomizers that come with the NPro can be refilled, but getting the little endpiece off of the mouthpiece was not easy. I mangled it..lol. But now I know how they are put on there, so I may have better luck removing the 2nd one.

Bigham1

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2010
Camden, SC
Thanks for the encouragement. I'm already loving vaping, I think I'll have no problem leaving the analogs behind for good once I get better juice. This is the first time in forever I actually feel like I can quit analogs and I'm not freaking out about it.

If you are loving it now wait till you get flavors other than tobacco!

k_a_r_i

Oct 1, 2010
St. Louis, MO
If you are loving it now wait till you get flavors other than tobacco!

Well for the first month, my whole cig budget went to startup and "safe" flavor juice (menthol)...so I'll have to wait until next month to order fun juices to try. I can't wait to try the cinnabomb after reading all the great reviews of it.

luckymisslucy

Oct 3, 2010
Portland Or
I bought my first e-cig Friday. Just a cheap NJoy NPro from 7-11. I'm not a fan of the taste of the prefill cartomizers that came with it, but I guess I'm getting used to it, since it doesn't taste quite like death two days later. Already the analogs don't taste as good as they used to either.

Even with the sub-par prefill juice, I've gone from 10-15 cigs a day down to 5. sooo.......I took the plunge.

I spent my entire cig budget for this month on startup supplies, refillable cartomizers, juice, etc. No going back now! Its do or die!

Good luck to you! I hope you love your pv as much as I love mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread