I took the plunge

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubbamonk

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Newport Kentucky
This morning one of the two Ego batts I have fizzled and died. I was looking at taking the plunge into mods sooner or later but with the death of my Ego I decided no time like the present. I ordered a RoughStack some batts and a few 510 dual coil cartos. I've been vaping for about a year and have always been a dripper. I tried carts and hated em. I got sick of the constant shaking trying to get juice to wick, burnt taste, not to mention juice everywhere. I'm interested to see how these cartos work.

I did up the shipping trying to get it here before Labor Day. (fingers crossed)

bubbamonk

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Newport Kentucky
Thanks dale. I've been pouring over mods for the past month or so. I'm a pretty simple guy. I don't care what a thing looks like if it works the way it is designed to. I don't need some fancy exotic wood from the far reaches of the world. Madvapes won my business because of their customer service and for their "mods for the people" pricing. I can't wait to get my hands on this thing. Like I said before I just hope it makes it before the holiday.

bubbamonk

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Newport Kentucky
I looked at the EPower I found a shope selling a 18650 model too. At first I was going to go with the maxi and carry an 18650. I ended up with the short tube after seeing a couple of youtube reviews. I liked the size and the palmability... I think that's a word..... I work in an office and around a lot of people so the stealth aspect was nice. I also like the fact that adding the longer tube is an option and changing batts to voltage.

Joye Camel

Nov 2, 2010
Virginia
Waiting is the hardest part isn't it? I just took the plunge myself, but into the opposite side of the pool -- after a couple of weeks going back and forth I ordered an E-power instead of a Roughstack. It shipped same day and made it to my city overnight, where it's currently processing through a sort facility (is it just me, or does USPS really enjoy processing through sort facilities.)

Knocking on every piece of wood I can find that USPS will get a move on and deliver my new toy before the long weekend. The Calvin & Hobbes strips where Calvin is waiting on his mail order beanie always come to mind when I'm waiting on a big order...

bubbamonk

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Newport Kentucky
Camel I know exactly what you mean. I even shipped mine fedex hoping to get it before the weekend. I've been tracking it ever since I got the email. My wife makes fun of me for looking at tracking every 10 minutes but seriously!!! I just saw that it made it to the local hub but says estimated arrival is the 6th. I'm crossing fingers and toes and standing on one leg begging the vapor gods to get it here tomorrow. Good luck to you and your delivery!

bubbamonk

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Newport Kentucky
Update:

Well I just got home and Christmas came early! I opened the box from madvapes charged the 18350 slapped a new dual coil carto on my Roughstack and am vaping away in clouds of heaven! This thing is awesome. I must have looked at madvapes for about two weeks straight and saw half a dozen videos on this things, but I still can't believe how compact it is. Even with the dual coil it is the height of a 650 ego with atty and drip tip. Oh now I see why everyone has been raving about these. Thanks to Hoog and the great people of madvapes for this great little mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread