Top 10 & Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

fanofwalt

Oct 6, 2009
Sunny So. Cal
As I await the delivery of my first PV hardware/software (shipment confirmed as going out today, hooray!), I am daydreaming about what lies in store for me in this new endeavor. Here's a list of some of the things I'm looking forward to in my life as a vaper. It's a "top ten + then some" list, in no particular order, except for the first one; followed by my predictions on the future impact of vaping:

- NOT ingesting 4000+ chemicals!
- Gaining back my life 10 minutes at a time: no longer holding up other people or myself while I step outside the car, the house, a restaurant, etc. for a cig.
- More social time: won't need to segregate myself from non-smoking friends in the midst of a visit or outing.
- No more braving intense heat or frrrrreezing cold to steal a few precious puffs.
- No sense of waste if I only want just a few puffs: with the price of analogs, I often smoke more of a cig than I truly care for, because smoking a previously lit/stubbed out/relit cig tastes awful; rather than doing that or stubbing out a good length of pricey unsmoked cig, I tend to finish it up, even when I'm already satisfied.
- Since I won't "have to" puff a predetermined number of times as with analogs, but can take a puff just here and there as I wish, I expect my overall intake will naturally decrease.
- That attractive hoiking sound first thing in the morning? Adios.
- Won't have to keep pushing my kids back at arm's length (this is, by far, one of my favorite prospects about vaping).
- Can have some puffs while I wash dishes and do other housework, instead of interrupting the flow of things to pause for a puff. (Wait; this is good, right?)
- Won't have that self-conscious shame of smelling of burnt smoke on my hair, clothes, breath, etc.
- Won't bypass opportunities to stay at lovely "non-smoking only" hotels when travelling or on vacation.
- Can vape in the room w/kids while homeschooling (during certain subjects, I truly jones for a puff!)
- No more wasting a freshly-lit smoke because I had to suddenly answer the phone, help the kids, whatever; then come back to find an expensive line of ash in the tray where my cig had been.
- No more scrambing around for lighters or chafing my thumb on those rough wheels in attemps to get a cheapo lighter to work.
- No more driving over 100 miles each way to get a deal on bulk purchases of cartons from the Reservation.
- I'm looking forward to my senses coming alive again!
- Enjoy a drink and a puff together at the same time inside a bar? Srsly? Oh yes, I'd like that.
- Long drives w/kids in car won't feel quite so long if I can vape!
- I finally know what to ask Santa for stocking stuffers. :)
- I'll be able to puff while in my square dance outfit (stop laughing. I adore square dancing). Have you seen how far those skirts stick out? I've burned holes in $85 crenalins for want of a quick puff at the break.
- No more guessing at nictoine strength by purchasing cigs by their "colors" ("Are my cigs now 'blue' box or 'orange' box or what?") ever since analog manufacturers can no longer use the forbidden word "lights." I can purchase or mix up the exact e-juice nic mix I want, even if that's zero. Try to find *that* in an analog cig.
- Tastes galore!! Coffee, chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, piña colada, rose (!), and even peanut butter and roast beef! (Not that I'd mix those last two together.) Far more taste choices than tobacco, that tobacco, or this other tobacco.
- The Kewl Factor: "...saay, what's THAT you've got there?"
- The Stealth Factor: PVs without LED for more descreet puffing.
- No longer having to stand in the Penalty Box at stadiums, theme parks, and other places that confine heathens smokers to a 3' x 5' rectangle painted on the ground.

NEW TRENDS TO LOOK FOR AS VAPING BECOMES MORE PREVALENT:
- The old opener of "Care for a light?" will become, "Hey, baby, can I give you a charge?" LOL!
- More off-color pick up lines can be imagined if one considers PVs as something new, different and exciting to put into one's mouth. :oops:
- 7-11s, Circle Ks and the like will carry e-juice and carts (maybe even bats & attys, too) just as commonly as they now stock cigs & lighters (are you listening, PV and e-juice vendors?)
- Holly Golightly "cig holders" will become all the rage, combining fashion with a much longer and stronger batt built into the length of the "holder."
- instead of ashtrays at building entrances, bar counters, etc., you'll find little PV charging stations. They'll be as ubiquitous as wi-fi is getting to be today.
- In a similar vein, Vaping Cafés will pop up like cyber cafés have, because vapers will want to congregate together, not because they're an ostricized group.
- Anti-smoking folks will get to find more worthy causes to throw their energies into.
- Smoking Jackets will make a comeback as Vaping Capes, designed with internally wired pouches for charging batts (pouches removable for washing).
- Analog manufacturers will start marketing their cigs in black papers and perhaps find (yet another!) chemical to add to their tobacco such that the tip burns blue or green or purple. Ha!
- instead of bumming a cig, people will ask, "Hey buddy, can you spare a cart?"
- iPhones won't keep suggesting "gapers" when we try to type in "vapers."
- People will return to enjoying a nice, satisfying puff in bed after a nice, satisfying... :whistles: :rolleyes:

That sounds great. Always remember to buy extra atomizers and filler in bulk and always have a backup battery. I have a little case that I keep my mini pipe, 801, 510, and janty stick in that I carry with me everywhere.. it has 2 extra atomizers inside as well as some extra cartridges.

Check out the mod section of the forum under the cartridge mod subforum.. there are a lot of tips on how to mod your cartridge so you get the most out of it. I personally use the PTB + Straw mod in my 801 and 510 cartridges. The instructions on how to do both of those are outlined in the forum and have helped immensely in making vaping more enjoyable. Watch out for all the cleaning techniques that are talked about all over the forum.. I started vaping 2 months ago and I'm still using the same atomizers that came with my original ecigs... I personally believe that some of these cleaning techniques will actually destroy your atomizer, but everybody is different and it's best to find what works best for you.

I started out with a Janty Minifogger which is a Joye306. It was awful. I almost stopped vaping right then and there and shrugged it off as nothing more than a passing trend. I'm so glad I didn't and instead had invested in a Janty Stick. It's been my everyday PV and the most reliable so far. I also have an electronic pipe from Eastmall.net called the EM Mini Pipe. It's also a very reliable and find working ecig.

If you really take to vaping, you will want to invest in a quality ecig. Some of the best manufacturers IMO are JantyUSA and Puresmoker.com. Puresmoker has an amazing reputation on this forum and their products are second to none. I just recently purchased a Protege and a passthrough from them. All of their products are stainless steel and made in the USA. You can pop the batteries in and out and put in fresh ones, so you never have any down time waiting for the ecig to charge. All of the chinese ecig batteries that I've purchased (with the exception of the Mini Pipe) have failed and had to be replaced within weeks.

Definitely try all the different varieties of atomizers to find what's best for you. The main three are the 510, 801, and 901. I have a small stockpile of all of them and I enjoy the 510 and 801 the best, but everybody is different. Each have their pros and cons.

Goodluck on vaping and congratulations on ditching the analogs. :)

Vandal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
NE Ohio
- No sense of waste if I only want just a few puffs: with the price of analogs, I often smoke more of a cig than I truly care for, because smoking a previously lit/stubbed out/relit cig tastes awful; rather than doing that or stubbing out a good length of pricey unsmoked cig, I tend to finish it up, even when I'm already satisfied.
- Since I won't "have to" puff a predetermined number of times as with analogs, but can take a puff just here and there as I wish, I expect my overall intake will naturally decrease.
On my 3rd day eCigging, and I was thinking about this very thing today. It holds very true for me.

- Analog manufacturers will start marketing their cigs in black papers and perhaps find (yet another!) chemical to add to their tobacco such that the tip burns blue or green or purple. Ha!
- iPhones won't keep suggesting "gapers" when we try to type in "vapers."
LOL!

ibreathagain

Nov 27, 2009
houston, texas
you know its funny, when i first heard about ecigs a couple years ago i was thinking " whatever, those things sound like a passing trend, they probly dont feel or taste anything like a real cig". im now 2 months into vaping and i love it sooo much more than analog. and i used to be a 2 pack aday. my only complaint would be about batt life. other than that im a lifelong vaper. i love to mess with analog smokers now hehe "nasty cigarette smokers!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread