Status
Not open for further replies.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I have both and and I LOVE the bottom coil! As others have said, I have to do a lot of tipping as the juice gets lower so I wont get dry hits. It just got to be a pain in the .... sometimes. Now that I bought a handfull of kangers (evods and protank 2's) I prefer the BCCs. Its all preference though.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk now Free

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
I do not abhor Top coils, I just prefer bottom coils. I still got T2s (CE5s), iClear 16s and 30s, couple Vivi Novas and Mini Vivi Novas, as well as T4s for my cig-alikes. Nothing wrong with the top coil design. The biggest benefit of a bottom coil I prefer is they are angle independent, so are less prone to dry hits, that said, they do pose their own issues to get used to trouble shooting.

However, I do have rebuildables and such I use and looking at purchasing a very expensive one here in the future, recently I have kind of transitioned over to carto-tanks as more enjoyable to me. It is all subjective, vaping gear and liquid flavors are all unique to each individual. So whatever is keeping you off cigs and working for you, keep with it. Welcome to the community and grats on stopping using cigs, welcome to join us down in the local group here for Phoenix on the forums and more than welcome to join us at our local meets and events =)

djezewski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Wayland, New York, United States
It depends..when my my top coils are fully saturated they hit like a champ but burns juice faster(of course this is fine it it is a juice I really don't care if I burn through it. The top coils are easier to fill. My BCC seem to gunk faster but tend to leak less from the mouthpiece. Cool vape warm vape it doesn't matter to me as long as it is working. I use my BCC for my good juices to conserve them :2cool:

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
You don't get dry hits with bottom coils.

That's subjective. I've had many a time a bottom coil dry hit for me, not often or as often as at first when I learned how to troubleshoot a wicking problem, but example, a very thick juice, say 30PG/70VG or thicker can definitely not wick right and give a dry hit in a Protank without first fiddling with the coil head, improper air flow can cause dry hits on a bottom coil as well. In theory bottom coils are just less prone to dry hits and angle independent most times.

Christopherja

ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2013
Nottingham
Definitely a preference thing - I prefer a cooler vape, so I prefer bottom coils. As it happens, I prefer an airy draw, so I prefer the Protank.

However, it's been my experience (and many others I know) that top coils tend to leak more often (from the mouthpiece), and flood more often (perhaps due to their construction, where the tip screws into the atomiser, &c).

I prefer the cooler vape the bottom coil gives you. I started with top coils (CE4's) until I got some cinnamon juice *yikes* that was hot!! LOL Which is another reason I like Protanks - the pyrex isn't prone to cracking with some types of juice. I also like being able to take the Protank apart to clean it out and I rebuild the atomizers. So, I guess I prefer bottom coils because they work for me - very well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread