"Torched" taste from a carto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2011
Joplin, MO USA
So I have some peppermint juice 70/30 @ 18 mg in a J-tank with a Boge standard resistance carto on Silver Bullet @ 6v. I recently switched out the cartos in the tank and it has what I think is best described as a "torched" taste. The carto was filled before it went into the tank and its wicking fine. Its like a chemically smokey nutty sensation in the nose. I can still tell the mint is there but I dont know what is causing this. I have another tank with the same setup and it doesnt have this taste. Is it a bad carto or is there another issue?

-Leo

Leonem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2011
Joplin, MO USA
yeah I put a new carto in, and the taste went away. I dont know what caused it though. After inspecting the one that had the bad flavor I noticed the material surrounding the coil was sitting much lower in the carto than it does on others. Also the wire that arcs up and around the center tube was much taller than others. Maybe it was just made poorly. Strange, I have never got a bad Boge. I know I didnt cook it b/c the carto was full and so was the tank before I even vaped it.

Leonem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2011
Joplin, MO USA
So I have identified the flavor. Dark roasted sesame seeds. Like those honey candies. Its that burnt nutty taste but worse. Its not the juice b/c I have 2 tanks of it, and it isnt the cartos b/c it happened on 2 of them. It isnt the mod b/c I am using other things that taste normal. Could it be that the cartos are punched too low? Mine punches are at the very bottom of the tank. I just dont get it....arrrrghhhhh

TJVJR

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2011
Tri Cities , TN
I've got a LR Boge that has a almost oil taste ( something in the manufacturing process?? ) to it. I read elsewhere I may not have it full enough but I soaked it via the condom method . As I keep it topped up the taste is getting better , wonder if it is diluting whatever was in it to begin with ? I may try cleaning the rest of this pack before using but I don't know what kind of damage that would do , If any. It looks similar inside to what you described Leonem , the material is setting much lower .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread