Tornado-T for Screwdriver issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtmack

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2008
tx
www.myspace.com
Haven't found too much on the Tornado-T Screwdriver mod having issues that I'm having. When I first got the tornado-T and hooked it up to my SD, it worked amazing! Constant (and instant) mega plumes. For the first time I had actually gotten what I want out of an E-cig, that is, not having to wish I was getting a good constant vape and never getting fluid in my mouth. After owning it about two weeks I noticed the vapor getting pretty weak. I cleaned it a few times (running hot water through it and blowing it out) and that didn't really fix it. I also think maybe the adapter might have something to do with it as it barely has enough length and threads to make a solid contact. I've already had to adjust the inner contact to make a solid connection with the battery. I now have to do a few primer puffs and get the atty warmed up before I get a decent vapor production. I also have a back-up that's pretty much doing the same thing.
Maybe there are better cleaning methods, or something I completely overlooked? Also, while we're on the topic, maybe there are better tank options I should look into? Thanks!

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
If it seems like you are barely making contact when attaching, you can try gently prying the center post of the atty out just a hair. You shouldn't need a really tight connection, anyway, overtightening can damage any of the components and is a common cause of the center post of an atty getting pushed in a bit too far

Another thing to try is to give the SD a good cleaning. Mechanical mods like this require a little bit of periodic maintenance to keep all connections clean. Be sure to clean the connector, button assembly and the threads on the body.

There's also the possibility that it's just the atty. The performance on those does drop quite a bit during their lifespan. There are a lot of various tips and tricks out there on that particular subject

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread