Totally Wicked "Flavorless" anything but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So almost 3 weeks into vaping I'm really starting to get the hang of it.
Ive successfully kicked the analog habit for the longest amount of time in 7 years.

I started off with mint chocolate chip from TW (18mg). GREAT flavor. I LOVE the stuff.

I quickly run out of a 30ml bottle. SO I buy a 30ml bottle of coffee. At first I hate it. Way too much throat kick, not liking the flavor. Now I don't know if it was because I HAD to vape something, and I COULD NOT go back to analogs, but either way I started to like it.

So this time I thought I'd start to experiment.

I'm getting alot of friends into vaping and wanted some variety for them to try.

I get a 36mg unflavored 30ml from TW, and 5 LorAnn flavorings from TW.

Tropical punch, strawberry kiwi, orange cream, apple, mint chocolate chip.

So right off the bat I notice this odor from the "unflavored." I can't quite put my finger on it. Its unlike anything I've smelled before. Disgusting really.

So right off the bat I want to try the mint chocolate chip. Thinking it would taste primarily like the bottle I bought pre-made.

Wow. Crap. No "minty" taste what so ever. I make it from what I've read on the forums... about 50% e-liquid, 20% flavoring, 30% glycerin.

Now the coffee I've been smoking is 50% 36mg coffee and 50% glycerin. I've been liking the consistency. I also smoked the 18mg mint chocolate chip like that too and it just wasn't strong enough, thus me ordering 36mg to turn it into 18mg.

So I make a batch of Apple. Same underlying flavor. Its got to be the e-juice.

Now the bottle is labeled "Flavorless."

I have yet to vape just the straight flavorless e-liquid as I'm afraid its going to make me vomit it smells that bad.

I ended up making all the flavors and it just doesn't taste right. None of them. I don't know if I'm putting not enough flavor in there or too much and the flavoring is over-powering.

What does your "flavorless" smell like? Nothing? I also notice it is VERY dark. I mean my ready made mint chocolate chip flavoring was almost perfectly clear. A little yellow. My batch of mint chocolate chip I made from Lorann is the color of a dark beer or iced tea.

What am I doing wrong?

Ok I just vaped the "flavorless" by itself.

It has a sweet taste to it, but like a rotten sweet. Not desirable at all.

It is definately the e-liquid that is ruining the flavoring of the batches I've made.

Just frickin great... Another week I have to go without something I like.

I was hoping to do this so I can make lots of small batches to see what I like and then order it pre-made in larger quantities. This is not helping!

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
What does your "flavorless" smell like? Nothing? I also notice it is VERY dark. I mean my ready made mint chocolate chip flavoring was almost perfectly clear. A little yellow. My batch of mint chocolate chip I made from Lorann is the color of a dark beer or iced tea.

What am I doing wrong?

Sounds like you got a bad bottle. Mine is a pale yellow color and has no real taste, just gives a slight sting on the tongue from the nicotine.

I'd email TW, tell them you tried to use the stuff but everything tastes bad. Also ask innocently, "What color is it supposed to be? Mine is brown, I didn't expect that."

They should replace the bottle right away.

Oh TW has been totally awesome so far dont get me wrong. Ive spent roughly 200 with them so far. Nowhere near what some of you have invested, but Ive been very impressed.

ALL my orders have been 100 percent accurate and the first bottle of mint chocolate chip was PHENOMINAL. LOVED it. I had such a high expectation for these lorann flavorings :(

I just emailed them so Ill see what they say.

Will I have to return the unused stuff? As long as they send me a return envelope Im fine. I hate having to pay shipping returning a faulty product. Its not MY fault the product is bad and I already paid shipping once.

Ill just have to keep vaping this coffee :-\
Not the best flavor but it gets me that lovely nicotine :)

HaploVoss

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Rogersville, MO - USA
Well that is strange then. I just asked someone about this. I received flavorless 30ml and thought it was awfully 'tobaccoish', but was told that was normal.

The liquid is quite reddish in tint and it is really not mixable. Unless you want a noticeable tobacco flavor in everything you make :\

I just assumed from my conversation I recently had that was just the way it was and that all nic flavorless juices were going to have a slight - as he put it - 'peppery' flavor no matter what.

So I did use it, and it was not an unpleasant flavor. Just dissapointed I was unable to try mixing flavors like I can with just good old PG/VG. I didn't think nic juice would make THAT much diff.

- Hap

exogenesis

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2009
UK
The TW flavourless (36) smells exactly like their 'tobacco' (36) to me,
it still contains nicotine from tobacco extraction (ie plus all the sundry associated components)
there's just no extra flavourings added.

The taste (just spotted a bit of each on my tongue) is much more bitter
for the Tobacco one, even though it smells the same.
The sweetness of the VG/PG is more dominant for the flavourless.

I still have 4 x 30ml flavourless bottles from a while back,
cos I found it off-putting for DIY flavours to have the tobacco backgound,
& need to add more Lorans to cover it.

I guess (/know) their up-coming 'Platinum' 54 mg clear juice (pure nicotine not from tobacco)
will sort this out, should be much better for DIY.

HaploVoss

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Rogersville, MO - USA
it still contains nicotine from tobacco extraction (ie plus all the sundry associated components)

I guess (/know) their up-coming 'Platinum' 54 mg clear juice (pure nicotine not from tobacco)

Ah ok thanks exo - that pretty much clears it up then. As I said I wasn't really put off by the flavor of the liquid itself, but it is definitely not good for mixing unless you are wanting a tobacco undertone - which is not really what 'flavorless' implies. I'm looking forward to finally trying some of Drew's stuff like I've been wanting to order for a long time now. Placed order a copule of days ago so should be here any time. Can't wait :D

Ok then what are you guys mixing with the lorann flavorings? It sure as hell isnt the TW stuff as that is disgusting. There is NOTHING tobacco about that flavor. There is no way somebody is mixing apple with that stuff and liking the outcome.

Especially considering the same flavors are being sold pre-made. Wouldnt it stand to reason that the flavorless is the same stuff they are selling w/o the flavor mix.

Not from tobacco? Are you sure? 99% pure nic, but sourced from baccy no?

Last edited:
I agree with a few others here. My flavorless is also clear in color. The taste of mine resembles a light popcorn taste. I vaped it for quite a while, and then started to add a touch of mint.

How did your attys last with the flavorless? Any new one used only with the flavorless die with a visible deposit?

You got a bad bottle. Could have been heated too much in transit, or just been bad from the manufacturer. I HIGHLY doubt it has anything to do with TW but I'm confident they'll take care of it for you!

Strange though for TW to post in this thread without addressing the issue at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread