Totally Wicked USA - off on the wrong foot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiscuitSlayer

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2008
Acworth, GA
I don't have that many posts either, but I appreciate this thread. I browsed the wicked site and saw that you could just add whatever you want to your shopping cart and everything appeared to be in stock. It made me leary to complete an order because if something wasn't in stock then I wouldn't get it with the rest of the order or the order would be delayed in general.

I completely agree with you ripley. When an online seller sells something without it being in inventory, it is rather anoying when you find out after the fact. If anything, I would just suggest new cart software/interface for the US wicked online store.

If it were me and I was making some decent money off of these products, I would probably go with Miva Merchant. You can update your master inventory with what you actually have on hand. As people buy items, the numbers are decremented. Much more efficient and professional.

slianfoxob

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2008
Bethlehem, PA
biscuit - I think that's a great idea for suppliers to better get their inventory updated. I think some of them may use some type of system like this.

i also wanted to mention that even without an inventory system like the one referenced the supplier could have refunded the money right off the bat when they realized they didn't have the product. this happened with me when I was trying to get the Taster Packs from Jane at e-cigarette-sales. I placed the order and sent payment. The next day I saw that my payment had been refunded so I shot her an e-mail asking why. She told me that the packs wouldn't be ready right away and it was unfair to hold my money. I think this is something every supplier should strive to do in such a situation.

Foxy

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland
Now I'm not rushing in to a TW defence here but in December Jason was taking a lot of flak for not opening the TW USA site as US customs were taking a long time to release the goods. He opened the site to try and satisfy the moans he was getting on this forum. I thought at the time that was not the wisest course of action but can understand why he did it.

Just goes to show that you can't win, open early to placate this forum then inevitably have to suffer flak when the postal services let you down.

igetcha

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2008
UK
www.E-Cig-Reviews.com
totally wicked juice may be good, but i personally dont find it any better than any other juice that i have tried from other suppliers. all taste the same but are cheaper with far better customer service than TW.

i also agree that a company should not take money if they dont have the products in stock. if there are postal or supply problems then it should be advertised very clearly on the site so everyone can be made aware.......NOT JUST A THREAD ON A FORUM!

i wonder what would happen if the situation was reversed, maybe pillbox can send me some juice and i will pay him at a later date if i feel like it?

yes its good that he is testing blah blah blah but from the posts that i have read from pillbox he seems to be quite short and very derogatory with people. i have only seen him post somewhat angry responses when someone has questioned his company.

i am also very ...... off with all the spam mail i get because of him. i was on jasons email list and a few weeks ago i recieved an email from ebay member pillbox38. the title was something like "pillbox38 invites you to join kissbox". as it was an official ebay message i opened it and read the contents which basicaslly asked me to sign up to kissbox. i done nothing and deleted it straight away. ever since then i get constant emails saying such things as "miss bigflaps wants to kiss you, miss juicyjugs wants to kiss you, missfannyspank wants to kiss you"!!!!! i cant even get rid of them when i mark them as spam!

for this sole reason, i would not buy from him again.

Mr.Darcy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2008
UK
totally wicked juice may be good, but i personally dont find it any better than any other juice that i have tried from other suppliers. all taste the same but are cheaper with far better customer service than TW.

i also agree that a company should not take money if they dont have the products in stock. if there are postal or supply problems then it should be advertised very clearly on the site so everyone can be made aware.......NOT JUST A THREAD ON A FORUM!

i wonder what would happen if the situation was reversed, maybe pillbox can send me some juice and i will pay him at a later date if i feel like it?

yes its good that he is testing blah blah blah but from the posts that i have read from pillbox he seems to be quite short and very derogatory with people. i have only seen him post somewhat angry responses when someone has questioned his company.
well said...obviously i couldnt agree more...

I'm sure Jason will post some time soon, I believe him to be a little under the weather at the moment hence him not posting sooner.

igetcha, I believe what you experienced was a virus or something similar that ended up being sent to a contact list of Jason's, I too got the same email and thought it odd and on investigation found out this was the reason why. As far as I am aware, Jason has not sold on any email addresses and we strictly adhere to canspam with the mailing list we do send to (collected from opt-in's when signing up for an account and is not obligatory). I believe there to be a forum post about the kissbox spam mails, not that I am saying that makes what happened right.

On the point of inventory, it's pretty easy to deal with that on a website, ripping out a solution that is already in place and putting another one in seems a big job. What Jason tends to do is keep that offline however and set products to not active when he has none in stock. I believe the issue is transparency of where the stock is coming from, USA or the UK and that is something I can not answer. I do know that he is very quick with the UK shipping but that is not the problem here.

Alpha Centari

Unregistered Supplier
Oct 22, 2008
Sarasota Florida
Hi everyone, I just thought I had to chime in now. First of all, On the Totally wicked forum in my post on 12/12/2008 I state that AT THIS TIME, I WILL BE SELLING SUPER CIGARETTES AND SUPPLIES. Jason clearly stated that I would only be the customer svc rep. until we got customs sorted out, and that everything would be shipped from the UK. In my post "Hello from Totally Wicked USA" I list completely all the liquids and supplies I have. We weren't going to ship AT ALL from the US but decided it would be better to ship what I have from here to speed things up. We have no control over customs but in Jason and my defense I feel we have given sufficient information considering we didn't have to ship from the US at all. Patti Centari

Alpha Centari

Unregistered Supplier
Oct 22, 2008
Sarasota Florida
Now I'm not rushing in to a TW defence here but in December Jason was taking a lot of flak for not opening the TW USA site as US customs were taking a long time to release the goods. He opened the site to try and satisfy the moans he was getting on this forum. I thought at the time that was not the wisest course of action but can understand why he did it.

Just goes to show that you can't win, open early to placate this forum then inevitably have to suffer flak when the postal services let you down.
I wrote a message at #31. I am Patti Centari from TW USA please read on!

slianfoxob

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2008
Bethlehem, PA
Hi Patti -

I believe the main concern is that the TW site does not reflect what was said in this forum. You cannot expect all of your customers to follow this forum to find out the latest information on inventory. I understand your and Jason are trying to sort things out but it's unfair to hold someone's money without delivery a product that your site claims you have. I don't mean to sound like I'm attacking but it's only fair to your customers...

Foxy

K-Sound Krew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2008
Worcester
Hi Patti -

I believe the main concern is that the TW site does not reflect what was said in this forum. You cannot expect all of your customers to follow this forum to find out the latest information on inventory. I understand your and Jason are trying to sort things out but it's unfair to hold someone's money without delivery a product that your site claims you have. I don't mean to sound like I'm attacking but it's only fair to your customers...

Foxy

Agreed!
If the company doesn't have the product yet, call it a pre-order
I have no problem pre-ordering stuff; just as long as I know it's a pre-order
There is no excuse if you sold products on the web to customers who assumed that they were in stock, and now your trying to blame it on customs?
Customs delaying the package has absolutely zero to do with the fact that you were selling them to people and taking money for it

slianfoxob

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2008
Bethlehem, PA
Patti - I'm sorry. I didn't really mean to be rash in my statement. I suppose it is hard to know the situation between you and the customer, Ripley.

I did found this on the TW site however and hopefully this was followed:

Where the Goods ordered by the Buyer are not available from stock the Buyer shall be notified and given the option to either wait until the Goods are available from stock or cancel the order and receive a full refund within 30 days.

I believe if Ripley was given this option, they really have no right to complain...it just didn't seem that the above occured.

Foxy

pillbox38

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I take onboard some of the concerns raised here and agree the situation isn’t ideal, however what I feel some customers are forgetting is that we have just had two weeks of broken shipping and deliveries over the xmas and new year period.

I>E A USA customer places an order on 19th this cannot be packed and shipped till Monday 22nd, royal mail collect. But nothing is then actioned till the 29th. It arrives in the states on the 31st, then another break and the postal services there same as here have a backlog. Still not delivered on the 7th.

This does not mean it wasn’t shipped ASAP from here, it was.

Regarding stock in America, Patti holds virtually all the 30ml bottles listed, but only super kits, a customer might buy two 30ml fluids she has in stock and an atomiser she hasn’t, so I ship from here.

As from next week she will have all kits, cartridges, atomisers, chargers, cases etc in Florida. I will then remove all the 20mls and the 30mls she doesn’t have and she can action every order within 24 hours.

One last point, the reason I gave the green light to open the USA site was in fact not solely for USA customers, but it was because i had been instructed to remove fluids from my UK site.

I opened the DOT COM site as a fully stocked site so British and European customers could still get their supplies.

Suggestions that I am taking money but have no stock to ship are a nonsense. I never list anything I don’t hold in stock and remove goods as stock runs out and i am awaiting orders.

I was also in China over the Xmas break making sure the fluids were produced in correct and safe packaging, are other sellers doing this??

I have no idea?

Do I charge too much??

I believe not...

At least I know my fluid is clean and have seen where it is produced...

The only other seller I know that can claim this is Johnston’s creek who for what its worth I believe has a great product and serves the e.cig community with integrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread