Status
Not open for further replies.

Krythis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
WNY
krythis.com
I've had a bottle of TPA Blueberry Candy laying around for some time and haven't used it because it contains triacetin. Ive seen some threads talking about melted caps and that triacetin is a 'plasticizer'. I don't know enough about it to decide whether or not I wanted to try vapping it so I just let it sit until I could read some more. Yesterday I mixed some Blueberry Candy at 15% because it just sounded like a good vape. I'm just getting over a cold and the vape kind of bugs my throat a bit. I'm not sure if it's because i am ill or if it's this ingredient I am unsure about.

Should I just throw this flavoring out or is it just in my head?

Ealisaid

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2011
Pinehurst, NC
Triacetin melted the bottoms of some acrylic drip-tips I had. I noticed it when I removed the drip tip and the filler in the carto stuck to the melted bottom of the drip tip. I understand how you feel because I was pretty upset when that happened.

However, I think the thing you need to remember about triacetin is that it can damage your equipment. So can a lot of flavors. That doesn't necessarily mean they're bad for us. Remember those science experiments we did when were kids? ... we dropped bones or hard boiled eggs into a jar of vinegar and a couple of days later, the bones were so soft they bent like rubber. And yet, I cook with vinegar or use it in salad dressings almost every day. I also drink water, and it'll rust metal.

That being said, everyone is different and if triacetin or any other e-liquid ingredient is making you feel bad or if you just aren't comfortable with it, then don't use it. There are plenty of other options. :) Hope you're better soon!

GrannyM

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2009
Saginaw, MI
Triacetin melted the bottoms of some acrylic drip-tips I had. I noticed it when I removed the drip tip and the filler in the carto stuck to the melted bottom of the drip tip. I understand how you feel because I was pretty upset when that happened.

However, I think the thing you need to remember about triacetin is that it can damage your equipment. So can a lot of flavors. That doesn't necessarily mean they're bad for us. Remember those science experiments we did when were kids? ... we dropped bones or hard boiled eggs into a jar of vinegar and a couple of days later, the bones were so soft they bent like rubber. And yet, I cook with vinegar or use it in salad dressings almost every day. I also drink water, and it'll rust metal.

That being said, everyone is different and if triacetin or any other e-liquid ingredient is making you feel bad or if you just aren't comfortable with it, then don't use it. There are plenty of other options. :) Hope you're better soon!

Well said! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread