Tpa vs fa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
I completely agree with dannyv45. I use both, sometimes in the same recipe.

FA's tobaccos are a bit unusual in that you can get completely different flavor from the same flavoring solely dependent on the percentage used. Some of them can take very surprising changes in what you taste with a change in %. (I think this is why the common refrain of "tobaccos are tricky" came to be since FA was the first to have such a large selection of tobacco flavorings.)

Both make a Watermelon, but each flavoring highlights different notes of the same flavor. So which works best depends on which flavor notes you key on when you taste watermelon. (And maybe you key on the notes of both?)

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
Well, give yourself an early Christmas present and order you a big ol handfull of bottles !!!

Not many have the experience of the two previous posters, but I have around 120 TFA flavors and like the majority of them...theres a few that I would like to give back like the Cherries (not black cherry) and cant get the grapes to work for me, but Im enjoying most of them. The seem pretty strong to me.

Good luck !!

MissAmerican

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
I too use both TPA and FA. As with everything in DIY it just comes down to personal taste. Take a flavor like chocolate for instance, although both companies offer it the difference in flavor and even color can be huge. Each manufacturer has their own spin on flavors. Try buying a few of the same flavors from both brands in the smallest size (usually 3ml bottles) so you can compare to find which one is right for you.

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I like both but find Flavour Art to be more consistent for me. TFA percents are all over the place and I don't have the patience to sit there and adjust fraction of a percent by percent to perfect it or even make it tolerable. Whereas Flavour Art, I tend to like 1-2% on most anything from them, which is pretty low... Making the flavors last longer as well. That being said, my favorite brand is still VZ Super Concentrates so far. I just like the most flavors from them. Second would be Flavour Art.

Dusif

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Denmark
I like both but find Flavour Art to be more consistent for me. TFA percents are all over the place and I don't have the patience to sit there and adjust fraction of a percent by percent to perfect it or even make it tolerable. Whereas Flavour Art, I tend to like 1-2% on most anything from them, which is pretty low... Making the flavors last longer as well. That being said, my favorite brand is still VZ Super Concentrates so far. I just like the most flavors from them. Second would be Flavour Art.

Never heard of anyone using 1-2% :S... I tend to use 10-20% depending on the flavor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dusif

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Denmark
I just took a look at the FA website. So I randomly picked Heaven Juice...I see that it has 3 catagories...HJ Pack, HJ Type and Flavor Selection...this is where I got really confused...as it would be a total crapshoot for me to decide what to choose? eeek!

If youre gonna order some FA flavors try the jamaican rum and oba oba...
Jamaican rum would make any pirate proud and oba oba is just wierd... But good...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I too use both TPA and FA. As with everything in DIY it just comes down to personal taste. Take a flavor like chocolate for instance, although both companies offer it the difference in flavor and even color can be huge. Each manufacturer has their own spin on flavors. Try buying a few of the same flavors from both brands in the smallest size (usually 3ml bottles) so you can compare to find which one is right for you.

Chocolate is very hard to get right and it's even harder to find a chocolate flavor that works. With that said here's a freebie for you chocolate lovers.

base 35PG/65VG/12 - 18mg (your choice)
Hangsen Chocolate cream 5%
TFA Hazelnut 2%
Hangsen toffee 1%

Now here's the break down of why this flavor combination works.

The hangsen chocolate cream gives the mix it's chocolate base

The hazelnut does not add a hazelnut taste but in fact enhances the chocolate taste.

The toffee does not add a caramel taste but adds a sweeter creamy taste to the chocolate.

The heavy VG base gives a sweeter thickness to the entire mix.

Steep for a week or 3 hours in a UC. Out of this world chocolate vape.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread