'Traditional' vaping to sub-ohm & back to 'traditional' vaping again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
PG is an alcohol. It is hygroscopic. It will absorb water. Even at "max VG" most commercial juice I've seen is only 80%. Even with 95% VG, I still have issues with PG.

The way body reacts, the PG will absorb the water, and the VG will coat the surfaces which act like chap stick on chapped lips, making them feel moist, but actually preventing moisture from returning osmotically to the tissue. I only vape about 30-35mL a day though.

Really? I never heard this before, that might explain the throat irritation then from all the damn vapor.
Propylene glycol
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Propylene glycol (IUPAC name: propane-1,2-diol) is a synthetic organic compound with the chemical formula C3H8O2. It is a viscous, colorless liquid which is nearly odorless but possesses a faintly sweet taste. Chemically it is classed as a diol alcohol that is miscible with a broad range of solvents, including water, acetone, and chloroform. It falls within the same class of compounds as alcohols.[4]

Drewps5co0tt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
I hope this doesn't get turned into a health topic (if it does I guess it will be moved to the health forums). However I can tell you when I smoked cigarettes, anytime I went to the ENT (from about my mid 30's to late 30's) whenever my ENT would look at my throat (either with a mirror or a scope) he would always comment on how red and irritated it looked, which was due to the smoking. Since I have been vaping, I've never had that issue.

However the "invisible" throat irritation that I have is in the back of my throat or just south of the back of my throat (going towards my voice box) and it always feels dry and scratchy and sometimes like something is there when it's not...sometimes it's so bad that it makes me have to cough when I don't really have to cough. I do a lot of sucking on Halls lozenges during the times when my throat is bothering me.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Um I have no real answers for you I don't think I guess I can share I have a PG sensitivity (not allergy) and above 10% is a big no for me. Since I DIY I was able to switch to PEG400 which is thinner and a flavor carrier so that helped me out. Before that I would use distilled water (you don't need much) to thin a high VG mix if that is what you need.

I hope I am explaining this correctly or understanding you correctly but either way welcome.

You can also not inhale vapor although I must say I don't find it particularly satisfying but you can hold vapor in your mouth then exhale through the nose and that might give you a break for a bit, IDK.

Welcome however. That I am confident in. Welcome to ECF

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread