Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
The Motherland, I see is moving toward the US more and more with Boris, who my Mother calls 'Trump Jr with worse Hair'. :rolleyes:

bojo_cartoon-tina-toon.jpg

:lol:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I do not tell most people IRL that I have naturalized. LOL. It's easier that way. When I travel usually, I will use my Australian passport not my American one.

It's just easier all round, not voting, no getting blown up by terrorists, etc.

Oh, I'm not saying it is FAIR or anything, American's do not deserve to get blown up but if I were ever hostaged by a terrorist, I would make sure he saw my passport, for reals.

If it were a Muslim extremist from my Sufi days, well I know enough Muslim prayers to maybe offer to put on a Hijab and like, go with them instead of get blown up. I'm not sure how likely that is (the terrorism OR getting adopted by the terrorists) and I'm actually not sure which is worse, really.

But, I like to plan.

I do know ONE thing. I got 99 problems but vaping on a plane AIN'T one.

Anna

Reactions: Georgia Boy

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2012
San Antonio
We will be traveling to the UK, I have read the TSA website. So am familiar with things like liquid amounts and not checking our Mods but taking in our carry-ons anything else i should know?

I am thinking of taking disposable tanks like the Innokin GoMax for my OBS Cube. My Wife will be taking her Adept is there a decent disposable MTL tank? Not the Vzone because of issues with the fill cap coming loose, hate liquid everywhere.
I'm going to Portugal, and I thought I had my packing all planned. Some friends of mine who traveled recently told me the usual things: empty your tanks or the juice will climb out at jet altitude, keep batteries in your carry-on luggage, etc. Then, just to be safe, I looked for a YouTube video about traveling with vapes. I don't remember which video it was, and I can't find it now, or I would link it here, but the EU has or had a "Tobacco Products Directive", which, with the usual failure of logic, includes vaping. The maximum amount of liquid that a tank can hold is 2ml. I use the Aspire ET-S BVC, which holds 2.7 ml. What to do, without having to change my whole set-up for one trip?

I found out you can buy a TPD version of the same tank, and it holds only 2ml. I quickly ordered two of them from Vape Nico. What they sent looked exactly like the Aspires I already have. I emailed them, and they gave me a refund, saying they don't have any of the TPD version in stock. So then I went to Aspire.co.uk and ordered four of the TPD version. They have arrived, and they're cute, about a half inch shorter than the standard ones, with a little round porthole for viewing your eliquid level, as compared to the viewing slot on the standard one. Otherwise, the same, color options, pyrex glass, use my same coils, fit my eleaf, all same.

Now, the TPD guidelines may have been modified. I don't know. My friends didn't have anything confiscated, but I'm cranky without my vape, so I want to be 250 percent sure I'm doing it right. TPD apparently does not have any rules about batteries at all.

Link:

E-cigarettes: regulations for consumer products

Reactions: stols001

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I don't know this for sure but I think those regs apply to buying not owning. I've been over to the UK with tanks larger than 2mls since TPD came in and there were no problems at customs. They didn't want to know how many mgs were in my juice either.

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2012
San Antonio
I don't know this for sure but I think those regs apply to buying not owning. I've been over to the UK with tanks larger than 2mls since TPD came in and there were no problems at customs. They didn't want to know how many mgs were in my juice either.
You may be right about that, but I don't want to take any chances. If they confiscate my 30 ml. liquid at customs, I feel I can easily get more juice. I just don't want to have to hunt for a glassomizer in a hurry. I'm taking one 30 ml. bottle of juice and one 10 ml., and a plug adapter for recharging. I am told I don't have to worry about a converter because most USB devices go both ways, or something like that.

• Agree

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
You may be right about that, but I don't want to take any chances. If they confiscate my 30 ml. liquid at customs, I feel I can easily get more juice. I just don't want to have to hunt for a glassomizer in a hurry. I'm taking one 30 ml. bottle of juice and one 10 ml., and a plug adapter for recharging. I am told I don't have to worry about a converter because most USB devices go both ways, or something like that.
I too was worried about that on my last trip to Europe, but mostly because I didn't want to risk losing any of my good (and effectively irreplaceable) squonk mods to an overzealous customs agent. As it turns out, it wouldn't have been a problem, but when it comes to the devices I normally use, better safe than sorry.

stratus.vaping

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2018
UK & much further East.
With a Brexit crash out looming for the UK, far too few customs officers and unfinished new import legislation, not to mention a confused immigration policy there will be chaos at entry points for goods and people anyway..

There's confusion around TPD now, so what it's going to be like soon I dread to think. Example - a vape sample UPS import from HK, stopped at Customs for " not enough information on waybill", speak to UPS Brokerage ( customs agents) saying it's a non-commercial sample, they weren't bothered by that they understood, " but ... is it TPD" thay asked, I confirmed it was. Released without fees. Bingo.

Fast forward a month or two, same issue, phone UPS, "is this a commercial sample?" I said it wasn't it's a personal marked sample for review etc etc. It's TPD complaint I said, "we're not interested in TPD" said UPS, "thanks, bye" Then i received a bill for £5 VAT and a £35 UPS Brokerage fee.... worth 2 x the device value. No right of appeal, if I refuse the delivery I still have to pay the UPS fee.

So an official customs agency ( UPS) is confused already, and are happy to interpret legislation however they want to snatch an outrageous fee.

So do expect anything when entering the UK now, but it's highly unlikely they will take you aside and measure the capacity of your tank. I go in and out of UK very often and haven't had any issues with that.

After the end of October, expect to wait 6 hours at an entry point, you'll need your vape & nic for that! :cry:

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2012
San Antonio
It's just easier all round, not voting, no getting blown up by terrorists, etc.

Oh, I'm not saying it is FAIR or anything, American's do not deserve to get blown up but if I were ever hostaged by a terrorist, I would make sure he saw my passport, for reals.

Anna

That's so funny. I forget the exact story, but after the US and allies invaded Afghanistan, or maybe it was Iraq after that, when France stayed out, there were places where an American couldn't get a taxi, couldn't get service in shops and restaurants, and the French had to stand there shouting "Chirac, Chirac!", to identify themselves loudly and get a taxi to stop for them.

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2012
San Antonio
I don't even risk trying to vape on flights, even fairly long ones (central Florida to Anchorage, Alaska and back). I just place 2-3 drops of my 7mg DIY eliquid under my tongue...about every 3 hours. It always does the trick, for me. :thumbs:
I've heard of that in this forum. Heard it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread