Traveling to US from mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeypurps

Oct 2, 2017
Hello I am in Mexico (Cancun) was wondering if I would be able to bring home my vape gear that I brought it. I'm already here have been vaping no problem, but I just realize I will probably not be able to take my vape home because, vapes are illegal and Mexico and my stuff will go through x-ray they will obviously see my gear. Will it be taken ?

Reactions: BrotherBob

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I brought my liquids and added them to my bag with the shampoo and toothpaste, my batteries were in hard cases, my tanks were in plastic bags and my mods were brought through with no batteries. Made it through customs and TSA on both ends without any problems.

And nobody bothered me anywhere on the resort we were at, I vaped outdoors everywhere.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
This forum may be of use to you: Travel and E-Cig There may be some helpful threads in there, re: traveling. Could also look up or google "e-cig and entry to Mexico via air" and see what information pops up. I'm of the opinion that you will *probably* be fine, certainly on the US end, but often into Mexico as well...

Good luck, I hope it goes well. If you are at all worried about confiscation, take some of your less expensive equipment, so if anything goes wrong, well, you aren't losing your favorite mod, etc.

Best of luck,

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello I am in Mexico (Cancun) was wondering if I would be able to bring home my vape gear that I brought it. I'm already here have been vaping no problem, but I just realize I will probably not be able to take my vape home because, vapes are illegal and Mexico and my stuff will go through x-ray they will obviously see my gear. Will it be taken ?
Welcome and glad you joined.
Looks like your problem might be getting threw Mexican customs authorities. Might want to ask (go to the airport) first before you attempt exit with gear/liquid.
Might like to read:
Liquids Rule
Pack Safe – Electronic cigarettes, vaping devices
How to take ecig through security?
Travel and E-Cig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread