Tribeca Clone 26

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
What do you guys mean by the diluted version ? I have the M-Type tobanon extract from TFA (not sure it's what your talking about ..is it?, since now the section [tobacco Blends, Absolutes, & Extracts] is empty on TFA)

But do you mean you mix a batch of the extract and use that, or use directly what TFA supplied straight up ?

Though both are potent tobacco flavors, M-Type and TA (tobacco Absolute) are quite different. TA has a fresh cut grass/hay smell while M-Type has a pungent nutty smell. TA is sold as either an extract (oily residue) or as a 10% solution.

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA

i-technology

Dec 9, 2013
France
Do you know if this is something discontinued on TFA or just out of supply (don't see it on TFA, never seen it anywhere in europe, one site doesn't ship international, and the other is $40 for shipping)

Either way what would you compare it closest to ..if comparable, cause i'd rather not play with difficult to find ingredients if possible.

Thanks for the info !

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Do you know if this is something discontinued on TFA or just out of supply (don't see it on TFA, never seen it anywhere in europe, one site doesn't ship international, and the other is $40 for shipping)

Either way what would you compare it closest to ..if comparable, cause i'd rather not play with difficult to find ingredients if possible.

Thanks for the info !

I am actually trying to find out more about the TA shortage myself. I am not sure what is going on, or whether this shortage is short term or permanent.

If you are having trouble finding TA, which is Nicotiana Tabacum, a suitable substitute would be Nicotiana Rustica.

i-technology

Dec 9, 2013
France
Thanks for the info @LoveVanilla and @spaceballsrules, will probably keep working towards alternatives then.

Got a bunch of Hangsen tobaco flavors coming in and already have most of the regular TFA ones ..that plus AP, should give something promising in the end. Now just need my FT plastic bottles so i can mix 2ml test batches of all these base flavors and give em all a taste spin :)

StrappedKaos

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Raleigh,NC
I try to rock the 100%vg if I can, but it is normal for the flavors to come pg so it tends to be around 85-90%vg. Honestly in the times at first using the dark GC I couldnt get the right mix but after switching to Clear GC it seemed to be on the money with Tribeca. Just keep in mind taste is subjective so if you enjoy the AP version more than the GC version I see no fault in that. I still go back to the original and cant tell a diff. with my mix but again that may not be the same for others. Have a great day everyone!

PapaGeno21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
RI
So I made a batch of the original recipe, but I did cut the Virginia to .6ml. Now it's only three days old, it smells just like Tribecca and had the same color but all I'm tasting is the Flue Cured... We shall see what happens, this is something that needs to steep.

I'm excited though because it smells just like it.

searcher

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Bossier City, La
I used the original recipe and it was good. I made 3 10ml batches. They were all quick steeped 3 hours in an ultrasonic and allowed to rest overnite.The first was with FA Virginia and was great and close to what I remember for tribeca (it has been a long time since I tried any though). The 2nd mix used Hangsen Virginia and was close to the same as the first one. Can't really say which one was best, they were so close. The 3rd used TFA flu cured Virginia and while not even close to tribecca, it was the best flu cured I ever made. I mixed 10ml of the other mix using the exact percentages called for and added 3 drops (from the bottle) of AP and it was great. I wish I had some Tribecca available for a comparrison, but my only real problem now is what to do with the hundreds of bottles of flavorings I have that are now useless. My thanks to the OP for starting this thread.

StrappedKaos

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Raleigh,NC
I have a 6 month old bottle of tribecca and I just revisited it last night, granted I used a RDA but it taste horrible now. I taste a super strong taste unlink when I first started using it... I have a 6 month old bottle of my Mix and still taste clean and crisp. maybe something to it there but I still taste the original Tribeca in my mix. I would say if you have tribecca vape it before the 3 month or so mark as it turns for the worst, for me anyhow.

RocketPuppy

Veteran Puppy
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2013
Bay Area, California, USA

naturecannon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Oregon City, Oregon
Hahaha this is a mystery and has been discussed frequently. I may be mistaken, but I think they renamed and diluted it. Can someone else confirm?
Tobacco Type Flavor Concentrate (TFA)

Thank you, I had that in my cart as a stand by just in case this "Tobacco Abs" never appeared in my search.
Now I am ready to checkout, wait and make a Tribeca clone.

Big thanks to all!

naturecannon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Oregon City, Oregon
I hate to say this, but you should wait until a master can verify this. I was lucky enough to get it before it changed names.

Edit: forgot a word

No worries I didnt hit the buy button. The one you linked to says it has floral hint or something like that.

I think this is what I want TFA - Tobacco Blend (Sold Out) - MyFreedomSmokes.com but they are out of stock so looking elsewhere. Description says "This is a blend of Tobacco Absolute, ethyl maltol and propylene glycol."

The more I look the more confused I become.

RocketPuppy

Veteran Puppy
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2013
Bay Area, California, USA
No worries I didnt hit the buy button. The one you linked to says it has floral hint or something like that.

I think this is what I want TFA - Tobacco Blend (Sold Out) - MyFreedomSmokes.com but they are out of stock so looking elsewhere. Description says "This is a blend of Tobacco Absolute, ethyl maltol and propylene glycol."

The more I look the more confused I become.

I'd personally go with the one that doesn't contain EM, but that's personal preference. I've only ordered from here once and wasn't thrilled with the experience, but they seem to be one of the few who have it. I'm sure there are plenty of people who love the place.

https://highdesertvapes.com/products/Tobacco-Blend.html
https://highdesertvapes.com/products/Tobacco-Blend-(Alc)**.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread