Trick for Refilling, Topping-Off or Dripping with DSE601

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCrist721

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
Long Island, NY
For some reason I've been having to top off my DSE601 carts after the equivalent of every cigarette or two. It was such a pain trying to get the cart out with the little tiny stick of a handle, not to mention that the cart would be covered in e-liquid which was very bothersome when I wasn't someplace that I could wash my hands and wipe off my e-pipe. I tried dripping without the cart, but because the atomizer was so recessed into the tube, it was difficult to get the drops to land on the atomizer.

So out of all of this hassle, I came up with an idea that makes topping off so much easier, and it also makes topping off produce the same effects as dripping.

All I did was take the poly-fill out, and then I drilled a hole through the bottom of the cartridge (although you can do it with a knife or scissors, just be very careful) and then I replaced the poly-fill.

Now, whenever I need to top up, all I need to do is take the mouthpiece off, and then drip my liquid into the hole I made in the cartridge (or by injecting the liquid in the hole with my syringe), without having to remove it from the atomizer chamber.

The liquid drips down through the poly-fill, and especially if the polyfill is already saturated with e-liquid, the liquid that you drip leaks down and drips onto the atomizer, producing the same effects that dripping would.

I've yet to have any problems doing this. Even lying down with the pipe tilted way back I haven't gotten any liquid in my mouth or anything.

I believe that the mini-pipes are set up the same way, so the same thing could be done with them. I hope this helps some of you, let me know how it works out for you.

I am only just discovering this product. Now I smoke roll-my-own Top Tobacco cigarettes, but I know I really do need to stop smoking tobacco. I remember trying to switch to a pipe in the far distant past. My recollections of that were that the wonderful aroma of the pipe was not smelled by me the smoker. And it was quite the hassle to clean the pipe compared to the easy throw away style I always enjoyed while smoking cigarettes.

What I am hoping is that I can get the nicotine via e-pipe and I am not worried about flavor or aroma so much, but aside from the changing of the cart, otherwise everything is cool with this e-pipe product? Do the three carts last sufficient time, provide the satisfaction? What is "juice" I am hearing of? ;)

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
I tried drilling an 1/8" hole in one of my 601 carts. Not sure this is the way to go. I fill with a syringe from the bottom up so liquid drips out of the hole. Did not like that so I plugged it with a piece of a bamboo skewer. Getting the skewer out of the hole for topping off the bottom is a pain. I will keep working with this mod, but toping off with the cart out is really easier.

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
What I am hoping is that I can get the nicotine via e-pipe and I am not worried about flavor or aroma so much, but aside from the changing of the cart, otherwise everything is cool with this e-pipe product? Do the three carts last sufficient time, provide the satisfaction? What is "juice" I am hearing of? ;)

The 601 is a very nice vaping device. The kit comes with three cartridges of a standard tobacco flavor in three strengths - low, medium and high. A heavy vaper could easily consume one to two carts in one day if this is their primary or only device.

E-liquid is also referred to as smoking juice or juice. It is the liquid used for vaping devices to provide the flavor and nicotine. You can choose the nicotine level you want. Many suppliers/forum sponsors offer the liquids. The liquids are used to moisten a drying cartridge or to completely re-fill a catridge from scratch.

The DSE601 battery life is very good. I probably go through 1.5-2 batteries each day.

I have just got the DSE601 and have been studying the forums on refilling etc and as far as I can see, the carts are just holding e-liquid . With a DSE901 you can direct drip on the atomizer without thinking about the cartridge, which I frequently do as I own one of those too.
Why do you HAVE to have a cartridge in the DSE601 at all after the carts that come with the product run out? Can you not just take out the cartridge, throw it away and just put a few drops directly onto the atomizer and chuff away on that without the need for a replacement cartridge? Is there some health and safety reason I am unaware of as to why one cannot do this?

Ahhh...I see. On the plus side, I guess it may be a way to regulate your vaping, but on the down side you'd be forever taking the mouthpiece off!
I direct drip three drops onto the atty with my 901 and one into the cart which lasts for the equivalent of a rolley (give or take), so I was hoping to achieve the same kind of system with the 601 even if it meant dripping say ten drops into the 601. However, if it's a pain in the .... to do that with the 601, which is what it sounds like, I'll stick to refilling the ole cart! Cheers, tinstar15!

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
No prob:)

Just be careful with how far you fill it. It takes practice to find the sweet spot. Fill too much (which is very easy to do) and it'll flood and make a mess. Not enough and takes forever to wick down. Depends on the liquid used too. I cut my stuff with VG to thicken it up for the pipe. Keeps it going forever without flooding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread