Trick to measure resistance of your build while on a mech mod :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
b16JJnR.jpg

I got this idea from these people and this post:http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=514385

Works awesome. Now I can build and check resistance with the rba on the mod without dealing with a cumbersome multimeter :)

All you need is a cartotometer, a spare rba base and about a foot of 20/2 wire. Got mine from home cheapo :)

Last edited:

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Cool idea, but how is this more efficient then just using a multimeter? Not trying to be a .... or anything, just seems like its doing alot.

Leads are flimsy..without being able to put your mod in between your leg under knee, or both legs, it can be hard to get both leads to make good contact with one hand free.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Cool idea, but how is this more efficient then just using a multimeter? Not trying to be a .... or anything, just seems like its doing alot.

I'm lazy and hate dealing with big ol long flimsy leads on a multimeter. Those leads are semi rigid making it easy to just touch em to the terminal screws :)

I've got another similar one for measuring voltage :)

pmcode

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
Barstow, CA
I don't get it. How is this any easier than just unscrewing the RBA/RDA from the mod and building it on the ohm checker and then just flipping the switch?

I think, along with S_X_D, I have gotten to the point where the idea of removing a step in the process is cool:

Build coil on RBA attached to cartometer
Remove RBA, attach to mod, fire up to tweak coils, maybe even pinch them if doing "micro coils"
remove RBA, re-attach to cartometer, retest ohms, make sure still in safe range.
remove rba, put back on mod again, juice up, test fire.
remove rba, put back on cartometer, make sure nothing has changed again
put back on mod, vape on.

Doing this would allow you to build on MOD only, removing all the other steps.

That's my silly interpretation, anyway. My (no longer worth anything) :2c: worth.

Who is going to be the first to build a cartometer with a 30A in it?? Or modify a cartometer with a switch....one position for ohm checker, one for the battery to test fire??

Last edited:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I don't get it. How is this any easier than just unscrewing the RBA/RDA from the mod and building it on the ohm checker and then just flipping the switch?

Well, here, you just flip the switch and don't have to do all that unscrewing and screwing :).

Not that screwing is hard or anything, but I prefer to keep my RBA on the mod :)

This mod:
cOgAgvU.jpg

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
All you need is a cartotometer, a spare RBA base and about a foot of 20/2 wire. Got mine from home cheapo

this must be a funny...

Oh, now I get it (I think?)
Clarification: got the wire from Home Depot. All other supplies were in the drawer.

All in = $63.26
Cartotometer: $20
RM2: $43
Wire: $0.26

Not cheap but not dealing with a multimeter = priceless :)

Rmcgloth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Sandy,or
There are multimeters,a nod there are multimeters. I have a craftsman that I got as a gift, and I have to check the internal resistance every time I use it, as it have found it varies from .6 to .4 ohms over. So you get a little tipsy and forget to subtract....8, cool, oh wait that's .2. Ordering new springs and buttons....nuts! Is the ohm meter fairly accurate in terms of internal resistance? Do the leads add some resistance like the leads or circuitry in a multimeter do? I guess I am asking, would if be better off buying an ohm meter such as you have displayed?

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois

I have learned what works for others doesn't always work for me!!! I will say though that this idea will work when testing the resistance on my hybrids... Great idea sXd!!

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
WattWick:11898053 said:
Leads are flimsy..without being able to put your mod in between your leg under knee, or both legs, it can be hard to get both leads to make good contact with one hand free.

You need to work on your sushi-eating skills, mister ;)

Oh, believe me, I'm a master with the sticks.. do they add flanges to chop sticks in your area?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread